CROSSMARK - Flexible hours, great co-workers, variety of work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

"Flexible hours, great co-workers, variety of work"

Former Employee - Retail Representative
Former Employee - Retail Representative

I worked at CROSSMARK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great co-workers, variety of work

Cons

No local corporate offices, sometimes hard to get questions answered

Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK

1. "Challenging environment that encourages creative problem solving."

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor Events

I have been working at CROSSMARK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging environment that encourages creative problem solving.

Cons

The team is set up to continually coach or "write up" part time employees that are hardly qualified for the part time positions they are in. This promotes constant turnover and motivational issues among the team.

Advice to Management

Instead of wide ranging documents or emails regarding policy and proceedure, a "right way every day" aproach would get everyone on the same page and increase employee engagement. There are far too many critical steps to safely execute each job to leave it up to an email message that was sent long ago and been open to interpretation.

"Could be a great job if more hours"

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

"Event specialists" demo products, usually by cooking and offering samples. If you like cooking and persuading people to buy your product, you'll like this job. Reasonable pay for demo work. Currently have a very good immediate supervisor doing the best possible with sometime difficult circumstances.

Cons

Schedule can change with only a days notice(must check online daily for cancellation or addition of "event"). Not easy to plan life. AND HERE'S A BIGGIE. Corporate now expects exactly only 360 minutes to be claimed as time worked for a shift. This, even when additional time is spent cleaning at end of shift and then filling out required online survey questionaire about your days "event". Often these add up to as much as 30 extra minutes without pay. You're not forced to stay longer and clean, just guilted into it. And if you don't stay, you're likely to see your hours for the next week or so cut.

Advice to Management

At the very least pay employees for the additional time we put in to fill out the required survey after our "event"(shift). Also let event specialists TASTE the food they are serving to the public so we can be better able to "tell and sell". We want to drive sales. When a customer asks "how does it taste?" and we have to say something like "I heard that it's good" they often shy away because they don't understand why we can't at least taste the food we're trying to sell them on. Honestly, neither do I.