CROSSMARK - Fun at first, but management was pretty out-of-touch | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CROSSMARK

"Fun at first, but management was pretty out-of-touch"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Event Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is kind of enjoyable. You stand around, cook food and serve it up to people. I worked inside of Sam's Club, so the clientele were nicer than at other retail places. Good pay for what we did.

Cons

Management seemed like they had never actually done any real marketing. We were required to read a long script to customers, and most customers would be gone before I even introduced the product. They enacted a policy of not allowing us to serve samples to other employees, which was a problem because most of us were also regular clients of the store, and would shop there once our shifts were done. The exception to that rule was management - whatever they demanded, they got. Also, the hours were pitiful. You'd have to be available all week long for a measly 6-12 hours a week.

Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK

1. "Good for the short term"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its weekends and a job with 12.5 p/h not bad. If you like being around people and cooking food this might entertain you.

Cons

Not much promotion opportunity. Have to follow strict rules and may face discipline if out of line.

Advice to Management

Flexible schedule for people are a good thing.

"I demonstrate food/product for Sam's."

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Reno, NV

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with great people, enjoy most customers and get between 2 and/or 3 days per week. Also have a wonderful supervisor.

Cons

I have been working for Crossmark for almost 2 years and have never had a raise, bonus or any type of incentive for a job well done. Although most of us continue to go over our goal we are never even given an "attaboy". Because of this the morale is horrible and at times depressing.

Advice to Management

If management wants more production from his employees he has to compensate in some form of incentive. Maybe a Christmas bonus; maybe a yearly raise; or maybe some type of reward for reaching ones goal. I personally get to my goal most events and get up to 10,000% often. What's up this this picture.