CROSSMARK - Fun job, lousy hours | Glassdoor

"Fun job, lousy hours"

Current Employee - Event Specialist
Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fun, fast-paced job with lots of customer interaction. Events change daily, so the work is varied, with never much chance to get bored. Working without a boss breathing down your neck is nice as well.

Cons

You will almost never get more than 24 hours in a week, but hours can drop to literally nothing for weeks at a time. Headquartered in Texas, so that everything is done online. Your direct supervisor is the only member of management you will ever see.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees who have supported you, not the new hire who will probably quit in a week anyways.

Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK

"Great Part Time Job"

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved giving samples to samples to customers, especially the children! I enjoyed the people the I worked with. Bonus was I had a great supervisor. Very good pay for part-time. Ideal for those who want a few hours and for whom benefits aren't an issue.

Cons

You give up your weekends since most events are Saturday and Sunday. However, you are informed about schedule during interview process. Cart setup could be a little inconvenient and time consuming. No cons really.

Advice to Management

None really. I had a great supervisor.

2. "Not terrible, definitely not what I was looking for."

Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an easy interview process via a Skype interview and was hired within a week or two of applying. Management was very patient, and was available to answer my questions when I needed them. I enjoyed being left to my own devices and not having someone breathe down my neck all day. It was a very laid-back environment most of the time, I could easily stand and talk to potential buyers for a very long time, making it easier to close sales. Taking this job really gave me a lot of sales experience. I saw other representatives for other food brands that had to lug around ridiculous things, like cardboard cut outs and tables and other display items. It was a great part-time job, with decent pay.

Cons

None of the training was hands-on. You play a few training flash games and then just get thrust into it. I got kind of lonely hanging out by myself in an aisle of various Petsmarts. The hours weren't great at 12 hours a week. After every work day you had to submit basically a survey about how much you sold, to who, some info about the customers, if they switched.

Advice to Management

There was one weekend where I worked a store alongside another representative who worked for the same company, and it was the most sales and most fun I had. I think they should do more of that in the future so their employees don't just die of boredom.