CROSSMARK - Great and Not so Great | Glassdoor

"Great and Not so Great"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For most of the year I have great hours. Don't have my supervisor breathing down my neck, but she is there if I need her. I do get yearly pay raises and I probably make around the same or a little more as retail reps at other companies.

Cons

Hours were just cut to get out of the Health Care Act mandates, and then those same mandates were pushed back a year, but we didn't get our hours back. Current insurance is less than stellar. No Paid time off. Most other retail merchandising companies at least give vacation time. Too many times during the year where there is NO work

Advice to Management

Give some of the perks to the people who see YOUR customers every day.

Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK

1. "Decent wage, unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Lansing, MI

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The wage was fair for the work performed. The managers did the best they could in their circumstance. There were opportunities to advance.

Cons

Many of the Cons came from the Company we were there to represent, Sam's club. They provided unsafe equipment in a kitchen that was not OSHA safe. Crossmark managers were backed into corners daily about the poor performance of the specialist because we were not willing to put products into customers carts. They bullied us on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

The contract between the company Crossmark is selling for needs to include stipulations to how the Crossmark employees are treated by the Walmart/Sam's employees. We were treated very poorly. Given faulty dangerous equipment. Managers were harassed daily. It was a very hostile work environment.

"Fun job, lousy hours"

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fun, fast-paced job with lots of customer interaction. Events change daily, so the work is varied, with never much chance to get bored. Working without a boss breathing down your neck is nice as well.

Cons

You will almost never get more than 24 hours in a week, but hours can drop to literally nothing for weeks at a time. Headquartered in Texas, so that everything is done online. Your direct supervisor is the only member of management you will ever see.

Advice to Management

Take care of the employees who have supported you, not the new hire who will probably quit in a week anyways.