CROSSMARK - demo event specialist | Glassdoor

"demo event specialist"

Current Employee - Demo Event Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Demo Event Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you have a job and working

Cons

not working and not being notify you

Advice to Management

update all part- time work that you are slow in the summer month

Other Employee Reviews for CROSSMARK

1. "Not terrible, definitely not what I was looking for."

Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Pet Nutritionist Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had an easy interview process via a Skype interview and was hired within a week or two of applying. Management was very patient, and was available to answer my questions when I needed them. I enjoyed being left to my own devices and not having someone breathe down my neck all day. It was a very laid-back environment most of the time, I could easily stand and talk to potential buyers for a very long time, making it easier to close sales. Taking this job really gave me a lot of sales experience. I saw other representatives for other food brands that had to lug around ridiculous things, like cardboard cut outs and tables and other display items. It was a great part-time job, with decent pay.

Cons

None of the training was hands-on. You play a few training flash games and then just get thrust into it. I got kind of lonely hanging out by myself in an aisle of various Petsmarts. The hours weren't great at 12 hours a week. After every work day you had to submit basically a survey about how much you sold, to who, some info about the customers, if they switched.

Advice to Management

There was one weekend where I worked a store alongside another representative who worked for the same company, and it was the most sales and most fun I had. I think they should do more of that in the future so their employees don't just die of boredom.

2. "Decent wage, unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Lansing, MI

I worked at CROSSMARK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The wage was fair for the work performed. The managers did the best they could in their circumstance. There were opportunities to advance.

Cons

Many of the Cons came from the Company we were there to represent, Sam's club. They provided unsafe equipment in a kitchen that was not OSHA safe. Crossmark managers were backed into corners daily about the poor performance of the specialist because we were not willing to put products into customers carts. They bullied us on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

The contract between the company Crossmark is selling for needs to include stipulations to how the Crossmark employees are treated by the Walmart/Sam's employees. We were treated very poorly. Given faulty dangerous equipment. Managers were harassed daily. It was a very hostile work environment.