CSC - Just work on project you are in, don't expect more | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CSC

"Just work on project you are in, don't expect more"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big name, people are ok

Cons

Low salary for existing employees, no consideration for acquied company employees on Csc's project. No trainings, no career development, no opportunity to work on new skills, technologies.

Advice to Management

Please have senior management access, all hands meeting, listen to employees. Give bonus .

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

1. "Co-workers"

Former Contractor - Change Planner/Junior PM in Hopkins, MN
    Former Contractor - Change Planner/Junior PM in Hopkins, MN

I worked at CSC as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the teamwork of the people that I worked with on the Cargill contract. If you needed help, someone would drop what they were doing and assist.

Cons

Some PM's were more worried about pleasing their manager to make them look good than working like a team. A little disappointing to see.

Advice to Management

To remember that that it takes a "team" to be productive.

2. "Great place to work and learn"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSC has an awesome portal for learning and for gleaning information from electronic books and electronic resources. The company has solid contracts and is expanding into a more diverse portfolio domestically in the US (such as government, and civil services) .

Cons

Onboarding was slow, once it occurred it was great. Benefits are a lot worse for my level of experience (mid-management) compared to all past companies I have worked for. Specifically: vacation time accrued over the year regardless of years of experience, no bonus unless a director-level position.

The help desk in my local division of CSC is in shambles. I have had issues sitting unresolved for more than 6 months with no clear recourse for not getting issues resolved.

Advice to Management

Perhaps it's just my division, but a performance/profit sharing bonus for management would be appreciated. Ensure that all divisions and departments in CSC are using the same tools and methodology for support of the staff.