CSC - My best start-up company in terms of experience I gained on Infrastructure and Services | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for CSC

"My best start-up company in terms of experience I gained on Infrastructure and Services"

Current Employee - ESM Global Capacity Lead in Hyderabad (India)
Current Employee - ESM Global Capacity Lead in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company pays you good. There are many internal training programs. It will grow big in near future. Your views are heard.

Cons

Some of the management principle need changes and is happening. High performers are effected sometimes.

Advice to Management

At moment nothing, as re-org can make things better in terms of reporting. Appraisal technique might change in positive direction and performance can be well accredited.

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

1. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer - RIM
    Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer - RIM

I worked at CSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good Brand name for your profile. Set policies and structures.

Cons

Not really great learning for freshers. Good for laterals.

Advice to Management

Train your employees well, not just fragments needed for work but also to help them know how their work connects with other domains

2. "Nice people but not serious about competing in the consulting world yet"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at CSC is one of the highlights - if you ask for help, people willingly give it, and generally, everyone is very nice. Its also quite a relaxed environment and not overly formal, perhaps too relaxed for some. Another pro is the fact that there is a great deal of flexibility - one day you can be working in Business Development, the next in Delivery. You have a lot of control over your own career.

Cons

I was employed by CSC to be a business analyst, but I have done hardly any typical business analyst type projects or ANY training. CSC is not yet committed to trying to compete in the pure-play consulting arena, although I think Lawrie is trying to change this. The last few years have been tough - no payrises, bonuses or training for the majority of people.