CSC - After ten years in CSC I've found the best place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CSC

"After ten years in CSC I've found the best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, great people, great internal social networking site. I work about forty-five hours a week and in my position I'm never on call. The work is interesting, I'm learning every week, my manager buys me the tools I need to do my job, my team leader is free with his praise of my work. We work hard and succeed, and we spend the time to joke and laugh. Immediate management listens to our ideas and runs interference for us when other people get on our case. Company pays for education and access to computer based training and a library of online books (books24x7). Again, there are many great, helpful, knowledgeable people working for CSC.

Cons

As a large company made up of many outsourcing accounts, experiences vary widely across the company. There are many groups of people whose loyalty lie more with their former employer, whom they still support, than for the wider CSC. This patchwork can make it hard to interact across account lines. Also, many people are still upset and concerned by the ongoing effort to get as many jobs offshore as possible as a way to save costs, and there is a push in some groups to have employees work from home as a cost cutting measure. It seems strange that some people have never physically met their direct manager. The company is currently reorganizing, and this means cost cutting and some downsizing.

Advice to Management

Keep working on your reorg. From what I've heard management knows what the problems are and employees are encouraged by the changes they have seen. We want the company to be great!

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

1. "decent place to work"

Current Employee - Engineer Network Administration in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Engineer Network Administration in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cool place to work as long as you do your work. process oriented

Cons

Difficult to bring about changes. Lot of people (managers) are just warming their chairs and getting paid!!!

Advice to Management

fire a lot of managers. most of them are useless anyway.

2. "Smooth but less growth opportunities"

Pros

Good client exposure
    Good learning
    Less work pressure

Cons

Poor Management
    More people at higher levels

Advice to Management

Identify the talent