CSC - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ok Salary
Onsite Opportunities
Good Brand Name

Cons

Career growth is not good.

Advice to Management

please try to promote more employees based on experience and performance.

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

"After ten years in CSC I've found the best place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary, good benefits, great people, great internal social networking site. I work about forty-five hours a week and in my position I'm never on call. The work is interesting, I'm learning every week, my manager buys me the tools I need to do my job, my team leader is free with his praise of my work. We work hard and succeed, and we spend the time to joke and laugh. Immediate management listens to our ideas and runs interference for us when other people get on our case. Company pays for education and access to computer based training and a library of online books (books24x7). Again, there are many great, helpful, knowledgeable people working for CSC.

Cons

As a large company made up of many outsourcing accounts, experiences vary widely across the company. There are many groups of people whose loyalty lie more with their former employer, whom they still support, than for the wider CSC. This patchwork can make it hard to interact across account lines. Also, many people are still upset and concerned by the ongoing effort to get as many jobs offshore as possible as a way to save costs, and there is a push in some groups to have employees work from home as a cost cutting measure. It seems strange that some people have never physically met their direct manager. The company is currently reorganizing, and this means cost cutting and some downsizing.

Advice to Management

Keep working on your reorg. From what I've heard management knows what the problems are and employees are encouraged by the changes they have seen. We want the company to be great!

2. "CSC is one of the BEST company to work with !!!"

Former Employee - Associate Engineer in Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Engineer in Noida (India)

I worked at CSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work culture, environment, infrastructure.....everything is good.

Cons

Salary hike on yearly basis is little less, but other plus point are there too .

Advice to Management

Try to retain old employee who can work at next level, rather than hiring for next level.....they are obviously asking for more money......