CSC - CSC saves money by cutting employee benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CSC

"CSC saves money by cutting employee benefits"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

1. They pay your paycheck in a consistent time frame.

2. Most of the employees are friendly and generally good people to work with.

Cons

1. Consistent 5 day forced vacation or leave without pay if employee does not have over 5 days vacation.

2. Health care coverage is extremely poor. Even their high deductible plan has a high premium. CSC claimed that their coverage was within industry standards but any research proved this claim to be false.

3. If you have recurring prescriptions they force you to use mail-order.

4. Health care coverage is tiered so the more you make the more you pay.

3. CSC has a poorly developed performance appraisal process. If you are in a group of 200 people it will be split into smaller groups of about 10. Managers will be directed to distribute the ratings as follows: 1 of the 10 would be ranked as above average, 8 would be ranked as average, and 1 would be ranked below average. Only 20 people out of the 200 will get a "raise" which traditionally does not even match inflation. In short 180 people will not even see cost of living increases.

4. Promotions are extremely rare. If you stay within one group your career growth will likely be horizontal. The only way to make any vertical movement is to move around within the company.

5. I have seen multiple people fired based solely on salary level. I even witnessed a manager fired so that his manager could take his place.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting your employees benefits to cover your own failures

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Workflow Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Workflow Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, my managers at least were fair, the company is solidly entrenched in the military / defense/government complex. Like many things, it is what you make of it. They support telecommuting for some positions, and are a global company. They supported my educational growth, and in fact, paid for my M.B.A. which I got online via University of Phoenix.

Cons

Layoffs may occur, same as any Fortune 500 company.

"Good and Bad"

Current Employee - Architect in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Architect in Hanover, MD

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Immediate manager is competent, helpful, but stays out of the way because we are tasked by gov task managers. Most employees very professional.

Cons

Time keeping is a joke, unable to take less than full day sick or vacation. Company just screwed employees with massive increase in health insurance costs.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the time keeping and benefits. It's a major sticking point among otherwise satisfied employees.