CSC - Working at CSC as a Programmer/Analyst | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CSC

"Working at CSC as a Programmer/Analyst"

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst, Senior in East Hartford, CT
Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst, Senior in East Hartford, CT

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Gave me a chance in software development back in 1998 when Y2K was around the corner. At first seemed like a good company.

Cons

Dont care about the employees, just the bottom line. In 2011 our group of employees got a 1% raise. Three years before that we got nothing, then 2 years ago they cut our pay by 5%. Dont care about career development.

Advice to Management

Stop caring about what the CSC stock is doing as a guide to how to run a company.

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

"Going to take a long time to turn this ship around"

Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The (non-management) people. Some of the hardest working, smartest, most dedicated people I've ever worked for. Despite the challenging work environment, my immediate co-workers were absolutely fantastic and remained ever-optimistic (or at least in good humor) through continual restructurings, layoffs, and cost-cutting measures.

Cons

Although I hope these will be rectified once Laurie's massive restructuring is completed, I've yet to hear evidence of any real changes. Until then, CSC is challenged with lack of communication, layoffs and more layoffs, severe cost cutting measures, and culture that places employees in a distant third of importance behind shareholders and clients.

Advice to Management

Finish the restructuring *quickly* - you are behind schedule and the long, drawn out process is further withering employee moral and confidence (what little there was left). As soon as you meet your cost take-out objectives, start rebuilding as fast as you can, and invest in employees.

2. "Great company with great work life balace"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Extremely flexible hours and telecommuting is encouraged.
    Visionary, experienced CEO making dramatic changes.

Cons

Very little investment in technology and planning for future unless funded by an existing client or project.
    Very heavy in senior management and experienced professionals; very litte investment in college graduates or new hires with 2-10 years experience.
    Very large company with many silos.

Advice to Management

Invest in the technology you boast about being able to provide. Fund initiatives that will drive growth in lagging markets like Financial Services. Invest in career training for current employees and promote the CSC brand to the next generation of college graduates and potential new hires.