CSC - Good Government Contractor Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CSC

"Good Government Contractor Job"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good pay, great people and enjoyable work environment. If you're lucky enough to be hired for a long term government contract, you can be there for years.

Cons

After some spectacular lost contracts, the company's new CEO is determined to cut costs and save $1 billion. Many layoffs recently.

Advice to Management

Cuts costs yes, but not at the expense of your most experienced workers. Competing companies have no problem hiring them.

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

1. "A good place to work and grow - particualrly in consulting side of CSC"

Former Employee - Multiple in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Multiple in Falls Church, VA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall a nice place to work. CSC is a Fortune 500 company with a small company culture. Plenty of opportunity for professional development and growth. Flexibility in assignments.

Cons

Work environment can be somewhat challenging -- logistics and support systems are below par when compared to other professional services and consulting companies. Long hours are a norm.

Advice to Management

Value employees more -- and encourage diversity at all levels of the company.

2. "Great place to work for"

Current Employee - Applications Support in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Applications Support in Washington, DC

I have been working at CSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company esp for people who have IT experience and are going to school. Great benefits esp tuition re imbursement. Probably one of the best in this area (DMV) and I have worked for companies like ManTech, CACI, Serco and out of all of them, CSC is the best.

Cons

I don't know of many cons other then with contracts, they might end however I have came accross people who have been working for CSC for 20 plus years so I think if yours end, you probably can find another one within the company

Advice to Management

Dont loose good employees, why hire new when you can move the ones you already have. So if a project ends, move the good ones to a new one.