CSC - CSC | Glassdoor

"CSC"

Current Employee - Computer Operator in Blythewood, SC
Current Employee - Computer Operator in Blythewood, SC

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for....

Cons

Take too long to offer full time when hired as part time

Advice to Management

Expedite the transition from part-time to full-time

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

"Depends on what business unit you are in...maybe."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, loads of training opportunities and certificates, certain areas of the company have very dynamic and innovative leadership and initiatives.

Cons

People are managed by personality and not concrete performance measures. There is a revolving door of staff coming and going. Supposedly there are career paths within the company, but poor management stalls people out from being able to leverage that. Projects are consistently in red and senior managers do nothing to change that. There is a lot of blaming of the customer instead of taking ownership.

Advice to Management

Quit protecting incompetent senior managers and put in place real performance metrics. Project performance should speak to the success of the project and when projects aren't successful, senior management should have to immediately address and improve outcomes.

"The pay was good, but the company environment was stressful and short-staffed."

Former Employee - Senior Member, Tech Services in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Member, Tech Services in El Segundo, CA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Two pros stand out for me as a former CSC employee. I always felt my salary and those of other listings I reviewed seemed fair. CSC also allows employees to work from home full time, 100%, in some cases. In my case, I was outsourced to CSC from another employer who allowed me to work from home full time. CSC had no local facility so I was allowed to continue telecommuting. Others I know were less fortunate and required to return to offices in their area. Thus, I was personally very pleased with my work/life balance afforded by working from home. I know others would not share this sentiment.

Cons

Cons regarding CSC; my opinion was that many employees felt over-worked due to layoffs and limited staff in many areas. In my role I talked to many CSC employees across the country and rarely did I speak to “happy” people. Most were tired and reports of working late evenings and weekends were common in my experience. I frequently saw email from co-workers and colleagues that were sent late in the evening and on weekends. CSC corporate would send emails boasting about good financial standing and new large contracts they’d secured; however layoffs were a constant fear and forced vacations during winter months were an annual requirement during my last few years there. I personally saw much corporate waste in resources and expenditures. I enjoyed the pros mentioned here, but was personally very disappointed at the company as a whole.