CSC - Growing up in CSC Security | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CSC

"Growing up in CSC Security"

Current Employee - Manager in Newark, DE
Current Employee - Manager in Newark, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The staff of the Security Operations Centers are passionate and work to make their services and their responses better.
There is a family aspect to the security team.

Cons

There are decisions made about services with little to no operations input. These decisions impact the processes and personnel, usual to the negative, making the environment feel more chaotic then it should.

Advice to Management

Listen to your senior managers and your SOC managers, and standardize how account team interaction is done.

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

1. "OK Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant/ERP Product Specialist in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant/ERP Product Specialist in Marlton, NJ

I worked at CSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Client was nice/professional, co-workers helpful for new hires. Lots of documentation for reference. Pay was very good, benefits as well. Deployment locations matched with home location as much as possible.

Cons

Manager was unprofessional during meetings, hard to get one on one meetings. New hires brought in to handle deployment with only 2 weeks of training. No help with timeline issues.

Advice to Management

Be more open to employees. Help with issues at a higher level and receive additional hours/help.

"Focus on DISengagement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the only pros were that I was able to pay some of my bills some of the time and I met some really good friends (mainly through commiseration).

Cons

They look at how long you have been there and how much you make versus looking at the value-add you provide to the company. I worked 50-70 hours a week, provided blood, sweat and tears to win awards and strengthen the reputation of the company -- only to be blindly laid off, all successful programs stopped and not even a "thank you".

Advice to Management

Sell the company and get it over with. The only thing you are providing employees now is an environment of fear.