CSC - OK Place to Work | Glassdoor

"OK Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant/ERP Product Specialist in Marlton, NJ
Former Employee - Senior Consultant/ERP Product Specialist in Marlton, NJ

I worked at CSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Client was nice/professional, co-workers helpful for new hires. Lots of documentation for reference. Pay was very good, benefits as well. Deployment locations matched with home location as much as possible.

Cons

Manager was unprofessional during meetings, hard to get one on one meetings. New hires brought in to handle deployment with only 2 weeks of training. No help with timeline issues.

Advice to Management

Be more open to employees. Help with issues at a higher level and receive additional hours/help.

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

"Focus on DISengagement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the only pros were that I was able to pay some of my bills some of the time and I met some really good friends (mainly through commiseration).

Cons

They look at how long you have been there and how much you make versus looking at the value-add you provide to the company. I worked 50-70 hours a week, provided blood, sweat and tears to win awards and strengthen the reputation of the company -- only to be blindly laid off, all successful programs stopped and not even a "thank you".

Advice to Management

Sell the company and get it over with. The only thing you are providing employees now is an environment of fear.

"No solid footing"

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depends on who you have for a manager, you can get some support. You do get 9 holidays off a year and they have a decent 401K plan

Cons

The higher-ups get higher and you remain the same. Your hard work will be celebrated with the leadership getting higher positions, bonuses and better pay while you receive nothing (no praise, no monetary bonus, no raises). Depending on where you work within CSC, you may be at the whim of the DOL listing for your pay. HR is pro-management/con employee in a lot of the cases (no replies, no email returns, etc.)

Advice to Management

Recognize those that make you look good with an "atta-boy" instead of trying to convince employees that "you cant do anything about funds or raises and even you are at the whim of the government" because employees want to know that they are going to be part of the company and that it was a good career choice to join the company. We dont want to hear all of the "gushing" on email from HR about how we should all pat management on the back because they got a greater position.