CSC - So Far So Good | Glassdoor

"So Far So Good"

Current Contractor - Electronics Technician I in Fort Knox, KY
Current Contractor - Electronics Technician I in Fort Knox, KY

I have been working at CSC as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large Company that provides well rounded benefits package and Pay. If you are flexiable with your career, there are opportunities for advancement and growth.

Cons

Government Contracting side of the house. No longevity with the positions.
Company is so large there is no oversight at my workplace. I work for my local management team and not for the Company. Vision is a little Blurry!

Advice to Management

Take pride in your job and you position. Promote development within the workforce and yes that includes raises and possibly and bonus every once in a while.

Other Employee Reviews for CSC

"Government contracting 101"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dahlgren, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Dahlgren, VA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a large company with a large support base. That has its own benefits--its easy to get help when you need it (IT, HR, finance, etc), as its outsourced from your home office.

The downside is that when you work at a company that was originally acquired--I worked at a facility post-acquisition--you are kind of isolated. The group I worked with was in a box. They existed to serve a predetermined set of programs for a predetermined set of customers.

Cons

Just as it is a pro, working for a large company is a con. You're a cog, and that's easy to see. The group I also worked in was narrowly focused, which limited opportunity. Lastly, the supervisor was a bit of a micromanager. They were great for the most part, as I was younger and perhaps in need of guidance, but the constant over-the-shoulder supervision was frustrating to say the least

2. "OK Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant/ERP Product Specialist in Marlton, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant/ERP Product Specialist in Marlton, NJ

I worked at CSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Client was nice/professional, co-workers helpful for new hires. Lots of documentation for reference. Pay was very good, benefits as well. Deployment locations matched with home location as much as possible.

Cons

Manager was unprofessional during meetings, hard to get one on one meetings. New hires brought in to handle deployment with only 2 weeks of training. No help with timeline issues.

Advice to Management

Be more open to employees. Help with issues at a higher level and receive additional hours/help.