CSID - excellent | Glassdoor

"excellent"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in San Diego, CA

Pros

freedom to implement your won ideas

Cons

sponsorship issues , some times upper level management issues.

Advice to Management

loosen bit to spend on R&D and engineering side.

Thanks

Other Employee Reviews for CSID

"Highly recommended place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I waited until I was here 6 months before reviewing to make sure what I'm seeing is the norm. This is an exceptionally great team with really smart, hard-working people, that are friendly, always willing to help and have a sense of humor. I've worked for a lot of companies - start-ups, mid-sized and giant corporations and this is one of the very best. Benefits including a PTO policy (there isn't one) are exceptional. They really go out of the way to think of things employees will care about including community service, on-site Yoga, and on-site workout room w/equipment. Lot's of spirit (Halloween is crazy) and I've seen them generously share in a couple of bonus $ events. The company and market is really hot right now and I would strongly recommend this company to any prospective job seeker. We actually have an Architecture group, a UX team and dedicated Scrum Maters. Documentation is up to date not an afterthought. The Agile process is very much alive and well. Wow, there is a lot of work here and the learning curve is challenging, but everyone is happy to answer questions and help where they can.

Cons

I really can't think of any - sure we are crazy busy here, but some how we manage to get it all done.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the leadership, the insights you demonstrate into what makes a good place to work and what's fair for the employees. I've seen a lot of management try and fail even with good intentions, but you get it. This is a great Austin place to work.

CSID Response

Mar 28, 2016 – Senior Human Resources Director

Thank you for the comments, they really mean a lot to us. We will keep trying our best but if you ever have any thoughts or recommendations, please pass them along! David

2. "David and Goliath"

Current Employee - Part of the Team in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Part of the Team in Austin, TX

I have been working at CSID full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture when it was CSID as an independent company, questionable not that Experian has bought and taken over the company. CSID achieved great things including beating out large companies for business as CSID had the better product, service, and people. The people and the culture they created was the greatest pro along with the benefits the company provided including all those fun activities. Sad to see those days are no longer with us.

Cons

Like many start-ups, this is a David and Goliath story. But this time despite Experian's multiple assurances from their top management team in all employee meetings with the CSID staff in Austin, San Diego, Boston, and London that things would not change they have and not for the good it seems. This time Goliath beat David and is still beating him. Key players in the team have already left the CSID team even though assurances were given by Jennifer Leuer and others who came in from Experian said they wouldn't, many more are looking and the tap is opened for people to exit because Experian did not keep their word. Sad but an all to common true situation you can't believe what you are told and committed to as an employee. I along with many of my team mates are looking to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Mean what you say when you say it, don't tell us a story because you think that's what we want to hear. We believed your messages in late summer and early fall last year....we don't anymore. Good luck with your plan no matter what it is.