CSX - A great place to work! | Glassdoor
  1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Digital Communications Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at CSX full-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to be a teammate to some of the hardest working men and women in the United States. Coming from a different industry, I had little understanding on how important rail is to the U.S. economy. I didn't know how many different skill sets were needed to keep the railroad moving. I ignorantly assumed or generalized that there were conductors, engineers and others that support the rail...but not knowing much more.... We have operations in the building and in the field, techies, analysts, sales, marketing, a police department and so many more. I have been fortunate to stand side-by-side with a diverse and fun group of craft employees, managers, and senior leadership that have an unparalleled drive. My colleagues are some of the most proud and passionate people I have ever had the pleasure to worked with. The company itself is always examining new and innovative ways to redefine rail freight and the technologies that support what we do. It's an exciting time to be working here! By the way, the pay is pretty awesome too!

Cons

While most have good work-life balance, some teams (at certain times) have more work than the typical 9-to-5ers. That being said, you have to remember that the railroad is running 24-7-365.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! People sometimes forget that successful businesses have to make tough decisions. It's not always easy or popular to have a vision for the future and sticking to it. The fact that you continually look for the greater good of our company and ALL of its employees is what will continue to drive us to excellence and make CSX the best run railroad in North America!

CSX2019-10-16
  1. "Lead Signalman"

Current Employee - Lead Signalman in Savannah, GA

I have been working at CSX full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent working conditions , pay, benefits, and Railroad Retirement plan.

Cons

I work in Savannah and rent an apartment and go to my house in Jacksonville Florida on holidays and weekends.

CSX2018-04-06
  2. "A good job in a rough environment"

Former Contractor - Freight Conductor in Waycross, GA

I worked at CSX for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is great Benefits are great The work is fun The schedule can be great

Cons

The schedule can be hard The environment can be toxic Freight conductors must be in a union Management and labor are usually against each other

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and do them right. Get rid of the bad apples and do not treat all employees according to the worst performers.

CSX2019-12-03

Discover more reviews about CSX.