CVC Capital Partners - Mis-managed small office - NYC | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVC Capital Partners

"Mis-managed small office - NYC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CVC Capital Partners full-time

Pros

- company has a global presence.

Cons

- for a small office (25 ppl approx) there are many "deadwood" employees who should no longer be there.
- many employees are mismatched to their role (they don't want to be the "X title", or are unqualified and it shows.
- there is a lot of inequality of distribution of responsibilities. Good staffers are working hard, poor staffers are hardly working - creating a sense of dissatisfaction/bitterness that good staffer has the workload of 2 ppl, when poor staff is just floating along w/out penalty. This is how you loose good employees.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the deadwood staffers - they are dragging you down along w/ the reputation of the firm. Longevity does not = good staffer. NYC office is too small to let bad employees linger.

Other Employee Reviews for CVC Capital Partners

1. "Current Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Managing Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CVC Capital Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cleaver people, excellent I.T Team. Good investments and strategies.

Cons

People are very rude, I see the way they talk down to people, especially the I.T guys whom I believe do an excellent job.

Advice to Management

Advice to all actually, treat each other with a little bit more respect. We don't all have to act above our status.

"Good company but needs clearer messaging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CVC Capital Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When my colleagues in my last job found out I was moving to CVC Capital Partners they were like "Oh my God, no! They'll eat you alive!" I understand that CVC has a bit of a reputation in the market but I feel the rep is unjustified: sure, there is a culture of long hours and 24/7 availability but the people here are friendly, pleasant and (assuming they're not busy) approachable.

The benefits package is excellent.

The IT equipment here is really high quality and IT service desk give you a "white glove" service. Any problem - however minor - and there's usually someone at your desk within an hour to fix it if they can't do it remotely.

The restaurant in the London office makes amazing food freely available though I wish they'd take the cheese board away because I'm getting fat.

Cons

There isn't really much in the way of internal communications, either from the business leaders or from the support teams such as compliance or IT. As a result, it's difficult to know what's happening within the company as a whole, particular as we're spread over such a wide geography. I don't feel like I know where the business is headed and it makes it harder to understand how my work contributes to the overall mission.

Advice to Management

Speak to your people more, by which I mean everyone throughout the company - not just investment officers. As a global team of over 430 people we need to have formalised messaging in place to keep us all pulling together.