KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Worst experience of my life. I'm currently interviewing for other jobs to get out of there. Full time more than a year

Nov 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard enough and keep at it you can get promoted but has to be right timing and do well on test and interviews. Because of my promotion I have been able to interview and get job offers for better paying jobs and upper management jobs. Also, they have decent benefits if you are full time.

Cons

Bad, verbally abusive management. Poor communication. They play favorites. People who do less than you get a raise or promoted because of who they know and suck up to. District Managers are incompetent too. Company doesn't care about employees. All they care about is money. Too much work and way understaffed. Oh and they will lie to you and about you about whatever they can get away with.

Continue reading
    11 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stocker

Jun 27, 2022 - Weekend Team Member in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and health and life insurance

Cons

Long hours of work most of the time

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

15 year manager

Dec 13, 2014 - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Continue reading
    1069 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about CVS Health.

CVS Health Photos