CVS Health - A great place to work with a diverse group of employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"A great place to work with a diverse group of employees."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Northbrook, IL

Pros

Diverse worforce, stable company after proving itself post merger with CVS, career opportunities in the Caremark divison

Cons

Not corporate office, opportunities are limited to the Caremark side of the business.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Working for Caremark has been great, once CVS bought Caremark - not so much."

Current Employee - IT Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great people. Most people genuinely care about what we do and who we help. Currently the pay is average to slightly above but that is a current to past pro. Since CVS has taken over that trend is changing quickly.

Cons

Caremark was a great place to work. CVS|Caremark is not. The company is turning in record numbers quarter after quarter, yet we frequently get fractions of our bonuses because management says we 'didn't meet their internal projections'. That NEVER happened with Caremark. Once CVS bought us, there was one year that no one in Caremark got a raise. We were told it was to bring our pay in line with our colleagues at CVS. I would bet we aren't done with those adjustments.

In spite of CVS|Caremark's tremendous financial success, even through this recession, leadership continues to use the recession as a catalyst for taking away benefits and giving small to no raises - not to mention cutting bonuses. I would expect that from a struggling company but CVS|Caremark is not struggling. What they are basically doing is taking advantage of their employees since, by their estimation, there are few places for us to go should we chose to leave because of the economy.

Consequently, this has caused a lot of the brightest and most talented people to take their skill set elsewhere. Things are progressively getting worse. While this is still an average place to work, it used to be a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Realize that a happy employee is a motivated employee. There was a reason Caremark got to the level it was at before you bought it. Stop screwing over your employees and realize that healthy pay and benefits can increase your bottom line as much as cutting spending to the bone. You don't get the same productivity from less than motivated employees that you do from those that respect the company they work for.

"The management is not loyal to employees; they're trained to spot weaknesses, in order to cut payroll."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO

Pros

When a customer pays the employee a compliment, management acknowledges it with care. Benefits are good, wih a few choices. Flexible schedules. Security guards are on staff. The center director is a personable and active communicator through weekly emails, updating employees with information about changes. It's a large corporation, so there are perks with receiving discounts at various businesses, education assistance, and a helpful HR staff.

Cons

It's a typical large corporation...the executive management team sits behind their desks, giving orders to management, while collecting large paychecks and bonuses. The supervisors and HR staff who work at this location are all good; however, they're trained to work for the executives, rather than work with employees, which is why they send great employees out the door, wasting time, effort, energy, and money on both, the employer's and employee's behalf. I digress.

Advice to Management

Take a course in, "Loyalty Works Wonders", rather than sending great employees out the door when a mistake is made that can be easily corrected; employees add value over time, not within a few months. The loyalty in management in conjuction with employees is horrendous...remember: It takes a lot of money to train employees--only idiots send them out the door without looking at the big picture, which is seen as an investment. The level of pay vs. the level of competency shows in the employees you hire...you get what you pay for, nothing more. The processes and/or procedures constantly change, making the job diffcult to learn, which creates a disadvantage for all employees, wasting time, effort, and energy upon the movement...a better suggestion is to conduct "Change Training" so that all employees will be trained equally.