CVS Health - Great organization overall. Not much opportunity in SLC, Utah area due to location being closed. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Great organization overall. Not much opportunity in SLC, Utah area due to location being closed."

Former Employee - Lead Application Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Lead Application Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Large organization that seeks to implement methodologies and technology to increase competitiveness.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth in the SLC, Utah area.

Advice to Management

Don't let brilliant talent like me get away... Although I'm replaceable, I'm hard to replace. Now, some other organization is going to benefit from my technical leadership and ability to align IT initiatives to strategic goals and deliver!

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Waste of my professional time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

They do not fire poor performers at the Scottsdale location. There are many medical facilities, restaurants and shopping located near the Scottsdale location.

Cons

External benefits manager is incompetent - can not send the right information to insurance carriers. Human Resources does to help with getting anything benfits related corrected.
    High turnover in Internal Audit (Financial and IT). No opportunity for advancement. Reviews are poor. As salaried employees in this department, told to make up time used to see a doctor! Very limited opportunity for professional education in this department.

Advice to Management

Review causes for high turnover at Scottsdale location. Also, review performance of benefits manager. Why can HR not assist employees when their benefits are messed up by benefits manager?

"Just OK"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

You get to know a lot of knowledgable Pharmacists who can offer plenty of guidance to anyone looking to get into the field. You feel a much better sense of community working in the Pharmacy as opposed to the front store.

Cons

Very very understaffed!! I know some Pharmacists at Dominick's who have tech support all day!! Some Pharmacists are lucky to get a tech for ten hours out of a 13 hour work day. One Pharmacist and one tech are expected to perform miracles in terms of customer satisfaction. It can be extremely overwhelming. Often at times I'm stuck at drop off and the Pharmacist is stuck at pick up or vice versa and nothing is getting filled and the phone is ringing off the hook. Definitely not enough support for the Pharmacist or the pharmacy team as whole and we're in charge of the public's medications!! I've heard a Pharmacist say they had to cut back on counseling and checking customers' blood pressure in order to operate the pharmacy at an acceptable level of performance due to a lack of available tech hours.

Advice to Management

Support your Pharmacists and make sure the stores are adequately staffed. And please stop micro managing. We're often tasked now with faxing the DMs daily pharmacy reports on patient phone calls and daily ordering.