CVS Health - It was great and the best way to prepare me for the carrer I'm really interested in! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"It was great and the best way to prepare me for the carrer I'm really interested in!"

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Head Cashier in Baltimore, MD

Pros

GREAT EMPLOYEES! That is just the beginning. Customers always brighten day and my employees make work very enjoyable. Happy to work the next day!

Cons

There isn't enough communicatuion between the disrtict manager and the store manager or their employees. Also there needs to be better sistem with filling prescription and comunicating when they are ready for pick by the customers that have waited in the store.

Advice to Management

Please to talk to staff on a regular basis. Ask plenty of questions about many differnt things. You need feedbck. PAY A LIVING WAGE! Minnimum can not support a family.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Its Ok"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Arlington, VA

Pros

It's not 9-5 so schedule varies. Gain a lot of retail experience.

Cons

Pay is ok and unloading truck during different season is terrible.

Advice to Management

More pay, faster promotion.

2. "Not a happy camper"

Current Employee - State Certified Pharmacy Technician in Dillon, SC
    Current Employee - State Certified Pharmacy Technician in Dillon, SC

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started at CVS, I was greatly accepted by my co-workers and they helped me tremendously to get the experience I needed to succeed. I have found some life-long friends. Other than that and vacation time, I have nothing else positive to say.

Cons

When it comes to yearly raises, it is a battle to just get them on time. I know some of my co-workers can get theirs on time each year; however, I have yet to receive my raise that I was supposed to receive in February and it is basically June. I do not think I will receive it. I asked and they just said my review wasn't done yet. So, I have given up. There are particular store and co-worker issues that have not be address by our boss and though compliants have been made, nothing really has changed.Some of us have asked for a meeting but it was cancelled and never rescheduled. It seems some people are more concerned about their own personal lives then their technicians. Some of us work extra hard to get things done while others can do barely anything but receive the most praise because they can do a certain task like text messaging enrolling really well or they helped a pharmacist out from being slapped by a customer. Also, others can get by with calling out "sick" with little or no discipline. When I first started, I had to bring a doctor's note or I was fired. Now, you can say whatever and no consequences have been enforced at all. Over the years, I have become very disappointed with CVS and I don't plan to make this my life-long career.

Advice to Management

Take care of the little people as well as your team leaders. We do just as much if not more at times. Taking away hours from us but leaving their salaries untouched is an issue. Also, this company is built on customer service and values and some of the things we have to do like make PCQ calls and text messaging can be helpful to a point but is overall causing customers to become rude and disruptive by the onslaught of calls made by automation.