CVS Health - Pharmacist | Glassdoor

"Pharmacist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Great pay and good envoirmnet

Cons

Busy store and workers with it.

Advice to Management

Good hours

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Old Fashioned Behemoth"

Former Employee - Corporate Professional, Not Retail in Woonsocket, RI
    Former Employee - Corporate Professional, Not Retail in Woonsocket, RI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very large company with decent benefits unless you get laid off.

Cons

Old fashioned "patriarchal" style of company. Communication is authoritarian and often threatening, with exclamation marks after stern warnings about deadlines or procedures. Benefits providers are constantly changing, to CVS Caremark's benefit, no doubt. Employee costs of benefits are always rising. Recently they restructured PTO benefits, and slashed them across the board, and eliminated anniversary milestone rewards. A couple of years ago, despite record profits, the meager annual pay increase was cancelled, because it "wouldn't be prudent" with the economy as it was. It wasn't cancelled for all, of course, the VP above my department included the word "most" when he informed our team. The performance review system is constantly changing, as well. Every year a new set of bureaucratic hoops to jump through to hopefully obtain a modest pay increase or bonus, which they appear to be trying very hard to avoid giving you. Always asking for more from the employee while giving less if at all possible. Raises and promotions seemed few and far between amongst my direct coworkers. My salary was low for the industry, according to many calculators.

Advice to Management

Be less greedy. Treat employees with genuine respect.

2. "Pretty good company to work for"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Bloomington, IN

Pros

The pay was great.compared to other jobs I could.get as a college student. My manager worked with my school schedule which was nice.

Cons

Company cut stores hours so everyone was having to do twice the amount of work. Managers can have their favorites which is unprofessional.

Advice to Management

My advice for upper management would be to give stores enouhh.hours.to allow them to get things done. For management to make sure they keep it professional and treat everyone the same way.