CVS Health - Overall my CVS Pharmacy experience was FANTABULOUS!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Overall my CVS Pharmacy experience was FANTABULOUS!!"

Former Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor in Ypsilanti, MI
Former Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor in Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my store management and pharmacy staff.

Cons

As much as I loved working only 8 hours because your 30 minute lunch was included in the work hours, I would rather be there 8 1/2 hours so when I have 30 minutes for lunch/dinner I can stay in the back and eat/relax and not be required to go up front to help while on break.

Advice to Management

Stop changing local store management so often. Store 1758 has only been open for 5 1/2 years and how many store and assistant managers have rotated in and out of there?! At least 4 and could be on #5 now! Five people in five years...too much change too often. It is hard on employees with management always changing. I've personally experienced this.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Glorified Stocker"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

20 - 30% discount on some items.
    Chance to cross train in pharmacy.

Cons

No matter if you are a clerk, store manager or somewhere in between, you are just a glorified stocker. More than likely there will be no more than 2 people working during 1 shift at a time, including the manager on duty.

Advice to Management

CEO profits way to much, always increasing his own profits, while stores have to cut hours every year. Less hours every year, having to lay off honest workers while the CEO pays for another mansion.

"It's like a restaurant except people can die if they get the wrong food and they are unfamiliar with payment methods."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Columbus, OH

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Flexible hours. Get to help people. Big company so you can relocate. Can build good professional relationships with the pharmacists. 20-30% off on in-store items.

Cons

Can be relocated at supervisors will. Co-workers underpaid-can cause laziness. The items in the store are pretty expensive so discount isn't so valuable.

Advice to Management

Reward the Techs more because they work very hard and are under-compensated for high scoring metrics. Keep raising the bar and hiring fewer interns so-as-to not overpopulate the future pharmacist pool.