CVS Health - Great pharmacists and technicians but lack of motivation due to limited pay for such volume of work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Great pharmacists and technicians but lack of motivation due to limited pay for such volume of work"

Current Employee - Cert Pharmacy Technician in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Cert Pharmacy Technician in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great system
Flexible schedule
Great customers
Some opportunities

Cons

Huge volume of work for a little pay
System has flows which makes CVS employees look incompetent

Advice to Management

Motivating employees to provide best customer skills by offering competitive pays and recognition.
While we are given appreciative tokens of oranges on New Years for our high SSS scores, our bills pile up and hours are cut. The system has flows in PCQ where it doesnt recognize comments made by previous techs about customer's preference of call and cant recognize new rxs for same meds (if called about more refills). Advice to management skills: recognize individuals that drive company's success and make hard choice of employing competitive technicians to benefit the company, instead of amateurs. With any knowledgeable tech who will provide quality service and make change in SSS scores a competitive salary should be offered.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Employees not valued, paid horribly, worked to the point of abuse"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits available, though every year the cost increases. Almost everyone I work with, like I, have had to down-grade the level of medical coverage we have -- paying more for coverage, but getting less coverage.

Cons

Employees treated like slaves--expected to work 10-12 hours, on weekends, no overtime, no comp days provided -- NADA. Pay is below average by industry standards and max 6% merit increase (annual raise) -- first 2 years at company there was a freeze on raises. Management is a JOKE -- young children have more management experience than the dolts at this company. CVS Caremark's M.O. is "let's use the 'bad economy' as an excuse to abuse, underpay and strip benefits from our employees" all the while making huge profits.

Advice to Management

Start valuing your employees that make your company the success that it is on Wall Street. Bad morale is rampant here because management doesn't care one iota about employees. The saddest work environment and company culture I've ever worked at, and I've worked at some amazing companies. Is this why CVS Caremark is on the Fortune 50?

2. "Retail Job but not THAT BAD!"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and I cant complain about my salary as a store manager trainee. Flexible schedule. CVS has many EXCELLENT career opportunities and training options.

Cons

AMAZING amount of physical labor with extremely limited hours to schedule proper labor to actual demand. Some stores have the luxury to operate in "ivory towers" while other store far surpass others in sales and customer traffic but have to scrape by with far less hours and coincidentally, productivity and service scores.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic when allocating labor to stores based more on sales/performance than JUST hours open.