CVS Health - It will build you up, then tear you down! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"It will build you up, then tear you down!"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Woodbury, CT
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Woodbury, CT

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome experience! I learned so much. Great way to learn customer services. Amazing first job. Love being able to help customers. Time goes by FAST (unless your by the register all day). Fun job. Great co-workers (sometimes drama but most of the time it's good people). Did I also say great experience? You'll learn a lot!

Cons

If your looking for pay, go somewhere else! By the way, corporate does NOT care about the employee! IF your store isn't meeting budget, your screwed! Even if you're doing everything you can. It was great until corporate cut hours. Now, we are ALWAYS short-handed. Employees abused hours when we had them, probably because regular employees are not stimulated, make
minimum wage, and do not have to take a drug test. So what did they do, the abused hours when we had them. Now we don't, and corporate abuses us. How can you serve around 300 to 500 customers a shift with only one or two cashiers, and a manager? How can you expect things to get
 done? Because FSI (Front Store Inventory): stocking and such, is now more important than customer services, CVS has become a miserable place to work at, and a shop at too! CVS stands for Customer Value Service. Is it good customer service to have folks waiting in line for over 5 minutes EVERY DAY because there are no hours? We also HAVE to promote the flu shot, and I always feel bad when folks come in telling us how they got really sick after getting it. And don't even let me start talking about the pharmacy. It is HORRIBLE. Let me explain: CVS does a good job caring a good selection of drugs, and a good selection of generic drugs too. But everyone is OVERWORKED and underpaid. There is no room for advancement. And customers always come in with problems because the customer service SUCKS. Since everyone is overworked, NOBODY cares about the customer. And it makes sales in the front store go down.

Advice to Management

GIVE US MORE MANAGEMENT HOURS!!!! Good customer service comes from having a good crew, you need man-power. How can you run a store with no workers? One or two good workers is not enough to run an entire store, let alone a pharmacy. PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES. The amount of work a shift supervisor does for the pay we get is unfair. We OPEN AND CLOSE the store! We should get paid more. Some of us make under 10 dollars an hour. Invest in photo, because customers get upset about that. Pay more attention to external theft, not just internal. AND STOP ABUSING EMPLOYEES. The DMs and LP managers blame us for the silliest things, but do not help us get more hours for fix the problems. They make some of the employees cry, they are cruel! Be kind. It would go a long way.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "CVS Caremark"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team _ Excellent work environment. flexible hours and understanding management. There is also balance work load. you don't have to stay overtime often. It is very rare and the work load is very manageable. There are good systems in place, which eliminates mundane activities. CVS is a very profitable business with the current economic conditions it is a very safe company to work for.

Cons

Limited opportunities to move within comany unless willing to relocate

"The view from the top of the building is spectacular, while the foundation that it sits on is deteriorating"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Your customers and your team.

Cons

Hardly no family time (if you have children), no yearly increase if sales aren't met. Cashiers under paid for the amount of work that they are expected to do. There are no hours to give your cashiers. There are no hours to get your tasks done. Holidays, our hours used to be greater so that we could meet the demand of the customer, they no longer give that to us. The hours are the same pretty much throughout the year. SM's are given comp days during a holiday week, which, you are never really able to take. So you lose out on that. Weekly tasks that used to get done in a day now take a couple of days to do and DM's don't want to hear about the reasons why. CVS, a.k.a. Senior Management doesn't care about the customers anymore, nor their employees. All they care about is the $$ that they are able to get out of it. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Plus its amazing that this seems to be across the board with other retailers. You would think that if CVS wanted to BE something in the Competive market, that they would look at that and see all the negative comments, take a step back and realize that they COULD be something by correcting the ISSUES. Been with the company too long. They have dissapointed me where they have taken it. They don't seem to care that we struggle with the NO hours and still try to give our top notch customer service to our customers and wonder why tasks aren't getting done. Or the fact that if your Pharmacy is having trouble with hiring and can't find those great applicants, and you see the customers walk out the store because of the wait time being too long, or that the prescription still wasn't filled from earlier that morning and it's been 6hrs later. So you and your management team would go back there and help out for like 2-3 hours to try to help them, and your FS tasks fall behind and then your DM reprimands for not getting them done.
    I thought it was our customer who makes us who we are today. Without them, we are nothing. But when you cut back the hours and we don't have a cashier for a couple to a few hours during the day, and our customers have to ring a bell to get serviced, and we can't fill our shelves correctly or order correctly, or push correctly because there isn't anyone to really do it, how is it that our customer makes us who we are as a company.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and actually look at your Company. Your destroying it. Tom Ryan got out just in time. He was a GREAT CEO.. Also, with these BIG visits that you all do. You should come Unannounced.. WHY? BECAUSE I'm tired of having my RM telling his DM's to require ALL SM's to participate in helping these stores get CLEANED UP. To get them to where you think everything is running smoothly. THEYRE NOT.. I bet also that I will NEVER see Coporate do UNDERCOVER BOSS.. Because you're too afraid to know that what we say on here is the truth. Plus, you wouldn't make it through a couple of days, let alone a week. Then to do it for a month. YOU have NO idea. NONE. It all looks great on paper and conversations, but you never did it yourself to see if it could actually work.