CVS Health - Shift Supervisor | Glassdoor

"Shift Supervisor"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Akron, OH

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

CVS is a great company to work for. Even part time employees receive benefits and PTO. It's a fun environment and usually the people that work there are very friendly. If you like interacting with people and solving issues, retail is a great route.

Cons

Quite a lot of work for the hourly pay. If you work hard you can receive more hours usually from your store manager. The expectations for an understaffed store (they are all understaffed in my opinion) is somewhat questionable.

Advice to Management

My store, regional, and district management team has been superd. Everyone tries to motivate each other on our goals.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Before the merger with CVS all was well. Caremark is a great company cant say the same for CVS"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Currently none post CVS merger. Pre merger Caremark days, there was cohesion among the groups and team.

Cons

CVS merger has led to a state of no direction. Employees are not heard. Management does not care anymore as what is said is not heard so nobody bothers anymore. Things roll downhill and get funneled up on death ears. Stay away from working at any of the PBM's for now. Will be interesting to see if the merger is undone. For now look forward to there being (2) PBM's. I feel sorry for those still there.
    Employees are just a number while under the CVS regime. It is all about CVS making money.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. You have already lost some of the best. Have some loyalty. In the end we are replaceable. But there is a difference between sustaining the business and having an interest.

"Typical Retail Experience"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stability of employment
    Advancement is accessable

Cons

Under staffed
    Workload not proportional to payroll

Advice to Management

The old saying was always "Sales is the cure all for payroll". Yet year after year of continued success is rewarded by a payroll slash and a workload increase. Not the CVS I started working for 8 years ago.