CVS Health - Retail associate, cashier | Glassdoor

"Retail associate, cashier"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maynard, MA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maynard, MA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty flexible hours of work, easy to learn most jobs. Most coworkers were friendly and approachable.

Cons

Little to no engagement with employees in terms of development opportunities. Miscommunication regarding time available. Favoritism by management led to unfair delegation of tasks. Smoking breaks not factored into overall break allotment. Formation of cliques among employees led to some very unprofessional behavior.

Advice to Management

Better engagement with employees is needed, unless high turnover is not an issue. Even if it's not, your employees shouldn't know that.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"No one's on the same boat!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Fremont, CA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flexible schedules
    -Acquire a lot of skills.

Cons

-Disorganized supervisors. One tells you to do something, the next one tells you to disregard that and work on something else. One of them always ends up angry with you for not doing the job they specified and it's useless to even try to explain your ordeal.
    -Too many jobs for just one checker. I'm expected to check, answer the phone, answer customer's questions, do gobacks, make keys, and help out at the photo kiosks all on my own. This is both very frustrating for both myself as well as the customers. We need at least one more checker up there!
    -Gossiping supervisors. I asked for a few adjustments to my schedule. It wasn't even half an hour later when the rest of the supervisors and my co-workers were badgering me about it. Also, God forbid you call in sick ONCE, you will never hear the end of it.
    -Rude supervisors. It's embarrassing to call them over when we need a little extra help handling a customer. They just snap and irritate the customer further, and then leave us to do the flustered apology. I'm sure I get more complaints about the supervisors than the supervisors get about me, it's so humiliating.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together.

2. "They work you to death"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at the store level were fantastic. The only part of CVS I miss are the people

Cons

After the economy tanked, the man hours at store level were drastically affected. Hiring wages, and employee's hourly increases were also affected negatively. This caused a drop in store morale. This also caused the store manager to have to work almost constantly because while the man hours were reduced, the work load continued to increase. Becasue the store manager was doing all the work, there was little time to actually manage the store and even less time to train the personell. This also caused a drop in store morale

Advice to Management

While the ecomony is still not doing great, you need to invest in your stores teams. You realistically can not expect phenominal customer service, phenominal in-stock, and all programs to run efficiently if there are only enough man hours to run a register and un-load truck. If the store manager and assistant store manager are expected to do everything, you are setting your stores up for future failure. I know you have lost several great managers over the last 2 years and you will continue to do so if you don't change your outlook.