CVS Health - Pharmacy Technician | Glassdoor

"Pharmacy Technician"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in New York, NY
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in New York, NY

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money, relatively quick advancement, thought provoking work that will keep you interested, great job security

Cons

Long hours, physically demanding on your feet, dealing with management bureaucracy, disconnect between front store and pharmacy, some pharmacists use the pharmacy technicians to do less work

Advice to Management

Integrate the store better. The front store workers seemed to think the pharmacy workers were "elitist" because there was such a disconnect. Also, it is obvious that the pharmacy is CVS' golden child.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"If you have a good or bad experience with CVS will depend on your District Manager"

Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Good pay/benefits
    No cost for CE's

Cons

1. Not enough tech hours (they add more and more programs that must be accomplished throughout the day, without giving you the extra manpower to get it all done)
    2. Not enough time to do proper patient consults
    3. Company states they care about customers, yet all programs implemented are in place to increase the bottom line, not customer care
    4. Do not feel valued as an employee by immediate supervisor

Advice to Management

Screen and hire your district supervisors more carefully to eliminate the bullies.
    Make your employees feel more valued (example: it is hard to feel valued with various pay cutbacks and decreasing incentives when CVS is a major sponsor for Extreme Makeover... what about your employees?)

2. "Assistant Store Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is some flexibility with hours, you always know what to expect from any given day.

Cons

They expect you to work well over the 45hr/wk base. I was pushing over 60 hours a week and at one point went over 28 days without a day off.

Advice to Management

Managers are of the intimidation varriety. Our DM made threats to me and the store manager every visit, even though we beat our sales goals by 18%.