CVS Health - Easy, fun and full of possibilities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Easy, fun and full of possibilities"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macomb, MI
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macomb, MI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very easy to learn, good training system, opportunities for growth, always new challenges to face and learn from. It's easy to transition to a leadership role quickly.

Cons

The pay isn't outstanding, neither are the raises. Must be open to working any/all holidays, nights and weekends. People with seniority usually get the better, more sought after hours. Not enough hours given to high volume stores which makes it hard to get work done and also provide good customer service.

Advice to Management

We need more hours to operate and function properly. Sales are supposed to be used as a model for building hours for each store, yet the hours given to stores do not reflect that model in any way. Our store barely functions on 220 hours per week, wheras a store making half of our sales gets 218 hours to work with. We can barely get our daily work done, not including planograms, checking in vendors, and setting seasonal. It's almost impossible to get any work done on time with the little hours we are given to work with. We are only able to have one cashier and one manager on duty per shift. For a busy store, that makes it very hard and at times impossible for the manager to get all of the floor work/office work done when they are constantly being called up to ring. The customers are also affected by this. We cant give them the attention they deserve because were scrambling to get everything done. If we get an SOS visit (corporate, 'Stores Own Sales'), and they wonder why our SSS score is so low, this is why.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"If you work here, know that you will lose yourself in the chaos."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

20% discount. Cookies presented to stores when teams meet quarterly targets. You get to work extra hours to improve store decor, and use your own supplies. You get to spend holidays at the store, required by your manager. You get to use vacation time to pay employees to work and cover stores when there are not enough hours to complete tasks and provide necessary customer service.

Cons

Long hours daily, weekly, monthly. Expectations exceed the minimum job description on 45 hours per week, due to regular performance expectations coupled with mandatory projects, meetings, directives. Many use their day off to attend day long meetings and mandatory projects. There is no support from upper management to support 2 days off a week - they certainly get their 2 days off, as well as vacations. RM thanked us every year in yearly area meetings for his bonus that paid his son's 1st year and then again second year of college. This boasting is inappropriate for the forum, and further proves arrogance and disregard for employees/management. Especially since raises are given based on who he likes best, rather than performance, improvement, or team participation results. Any opportunity to take advantage of employees are commonplace in my region, as is backstabbing, lying, and unethical practice. Business does not have to resort to this behavior to get desired results. At some point, the CEO should look into unethical practices of upper management in order to truely take charge of the way the business is run in this area. It may help in avoiding lawsuits and retaining good employees.

Advice to Management

Restructuring is only as good as Management who follows the path, and is able to treat staff with respect in order to get the job done. Resorting to threats only exemplifies unethical results. Lawsuits will continue to plague this company until Management decides to manage with respect for employees. Training for Management effectiveness is lacking, if done at all. So many managers have gone trough the system without proper guidance, support, information. Appropriate training would benefit this company, if supported top-down, instead of resorting to threats to obtain results. This only works in the short term, until employees decide they have been beaten enough. Employee engagement is a joke, as upper management are not accountable for supporting results and making real changes for the benefit of all employees. Our employee appreciation meeting included a golf outing where the "in group" could participate for $75. Others do not play golf, therefore disregarded as part of the group.

"Not so great lately!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady employment, several studies, classes and valuable seminars offered at the company.

Cons

Company is to focused on quick fixes and fast dollars vs. client and customer relation and long term solutions .Benefits are slowly and forever evolving vs. competitors. Process and request are a never ending story with any direction.

Advice to Management

Seek qualified people who are built to lead and understand the work flow and process. To many managers are getting to comfortable with their title and spending more time away from their desk and team vs...making their selves available. For every one person you try to cater to you are losing 4 to 5 valuable employees. Need to have more focus on programming and training. Also, responsibilities and job description are no longer clear for each role housed at the company. Need a reorganization of departments and leadership.