CVS Health - Full of opportunities for advancement if you know the right people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Full of opportunities for advancement if you know the right people."

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers are driven for excellence which trickles down to store level operations.

Cons

Lots of red tape on how things can and should get done which usually leaves work incomplete or unsatisfactory.

Advice to Management

Employee accountability should be a priority, especially in Union stores.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Below-average IT shop following the CVS merger"

Former Contractor - IT, Server Team in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Contractor - IT, Server Team in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at CVS Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Decent location
    - Nice building/cafeteria
    - There are a few sharp, extremely intelligent people working here
    - Company spends tons of money on speed and reliability within its IT infrastructure

Cons

I worked here in 2011. Wow. Easily the worst morale of any company I've worked for in the Valley - and that speaks volumes considering my tenure at AmEx and Apollo. The older employees all said it was great before Caremark and acceptable until CVS. I've never worked at any company where 1:30 on a Friday afternoon meant a mass exodus for the door, although I suspect this was due to workflow given by Woonsocket which was 2/3 hours ahead of Arizona time. Not ironically, I felt like there was a wall of communications between the East Coast and Scottsdale, where emails commonly went unanswered and IT policy was improperly dictated from CVS.

Senior and middle management are mostly clueless. Why are there so many directors and managers? I overheard a middle manager scream at one of his underlings within earshot of 20 employees. Which is odd considering it what was essentially a trivial problem. I'd hate to hear the conversation if something really went wrong with Windows server operations (and I'm sure it did).

Open parking spaces got really thin by the time I left, as was space inside. The building and location are both nice. But I can't get over the general unfriendliness here, just quite a few nasty people. And the scenery is not very good, either, which is strange considering it's in Scottsdale. I noticed it's very difficult for full-time employees to get fired, which is shocking considering that AZ is a right-to-work state.

Advice to Management

Good luck - your best people will eventually leave because of your incompetence.

2. "Well, I was working...."

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Up Front Orientation with lots of information, even for Cashier
    Lots of opportunities to interact with customers and sharpen customer service skills

Cons

What is said at Orientation is not what happens at the store
    Manager did employee training just to meet DM requirements (opps! - no learning there!)
    Dirty Dusty environment. Really low bottom pay and pressured management.

Advice to Management

Let your employees learn from training and provide up-front expectations instead of post event criticism. Clean up your stores and be consistent.