CVS Health - Great stable company to work with many career opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Great stable company to work with many career opportunities"

Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect in Woonsocket, RI
Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with CVS/Carmemark over 10 years it has been a great experience. Over those years been promoted 4 times. People here genuinely care about one another. Like any job there are hectic times, politics, and budgets to deal with. Overall though being with a company that has grown so much in the past 10 years and having the opportunity to move around and grow my career has been well worth it.

Cons

As a large company there is a lot of bureaucracy so getting this done takes quite a while. The salaries have historically been on the low end but their is an effort underwhy to rectify this situation. If you are looking to go back to school or get an advanced degree at night tuition reimbursement here is abysmal.

Advice to Management

Need to improve professional development as a whole, is seriously lacking compared to our competitors.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Pharmacy Tech"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Raytown, MO
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Raytown, MO

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning new things,working with diverse people

Cons

management does not care about employees

Advice to Management

have more empathy for your employees

"Customer Service, YES. Employee Service, NO."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Service Associate in Carlisle, PA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Service Associate in Carlisle, PA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is great work. I really loved my job. As a Pharmacy Associate, I was helping people and solving problems and multi-tasking, all three of which are fun things for me. It was a fast-paced working environment, with immediate results. NOTE: I worked in the actual Pharmacy, not up front in the retail section of the store.

Cons

Two main issues. I worked at CVS two separate times. Both times, I was trained to go from the entry-level position in the Pharmacy (technically a cashier position) to the Tech position in the Pharmacy. I completed my training, both the theoretical and the actual, but the paperwork was never completed. After waiting for over a month to be given my raise and new title, I left CVS. A few years later, I returned (now at a different location) and repeated the process. Again, I completed the training. The only thing that was keeping me from my raise and new title was the paperwork. It was sitting somewhere in Corporate, waiting for a signature. Literally. Meanwhile, I was not doing the work of a Pharmacy Associate, I had been working as a Tech the whole time (this was the case at my first location as well). I waited a few weeks and left again.
    That was my main reason for leaving. I was tired of putting up with not getting what I had trained for. It seems little, but an extra $0.25/hourly is a lot!
    Besides that, my second go at CVS was at a very nice store, the customers were generally sweet, the coworkers were helpful and supportive, but the store did not have enough in its budget to pay for its Pharmacy employees to take a lunch break. Literally, I was unable to take lunch breaks, and the same went for everyone else in the Pharmacy. That is illegal... except for one loophole. Any team member working more than 5 hours must take a lunch UNLESS there is not enough coverage in the Pharmacy for them to do so. And there never was. There were always just enough people to run the Pharmacy. 8-hour shifts would go by and the only break would be the ability to slow down and just shelve prescriptions, or maybe you could sneak a bite of food behind the bagging area, as long as no customers were around. That is another loophole. Because Pharmacies are not legally allowed to be open when a Pharmacist is not there, the Pharmacist is permitted to have food in the Pharmacy. There are all kinds of health issues and regulations in place, but it means that food can be eaten in the Pharmacy. It varies from CVS to CVS... I have been in a Pharmacy where only the Pharmacist may have food, and I have been in others where it is a free-for-all, so long as the food is out of sight and not anywhere near the medication.
    So in summary: my paperwork being held up twice for weeks on end, the poor budgeting from Corporate to the stores. I wish that it hadn't ended the way it did. The store manager at the most recent CVS that I worked was steamed that I left when I did, I don't ever want to have to request a referral from him... I told him that I was staying with the company for about a year... and after a few months, I had a fantastic job opportunity. That in combination of the poor funding for the store and my raise issues, I was fed up with CVS and left. I did give my two weeks, but working for 6 months is not quite working for a year.
    But hey, people are always going to need meds. I would recommend it for a short time, but don't plan to get comfy.

Advice to Management

Store managers, you guys rock. Legit. I loved all of my managers like family.