CVS Health - My experience was adequate. A little unorganized when it comes to corporate management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"My experience was adequate. A little unorganized when it comes to corporate management."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Solon, OH
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Solon, OH

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer an extended maternity leave

Cons

They do not compensate well for your services.

Advice to Management

The company should hire managers and supervisors based on their experience in the field and not based on camaraderie.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"bad company to work for"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

401k match 100 percent of what you put into it. work with different cultured people

Cons

only .08 percent raises if you get promoted or the lowest dollar amount depending on what catagory you fall under.

Advice to Management

pay employees what they deserve

2. "Shift Supervisor at CVS Pharmacy"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Close-nit family of coworkers
    -daily tasks are very simple for the most part
    -In-store managers often recognize their staff
    -Very understanding in-store management.

Cons

-District and regional managers are nit-picky and stress out in-store managers. They also often change their opinion on the rules depending on how obnoxious a customer is, making it difficult to make decisions when dealing with customers. I've gotten in trouble with my DM for following the rules a few times, just because someone made a fuss; but then I was told good job by my in-store manager.
    -You have to work evening, and weekends. Shifts only work 40hr weeks, Assistants work 45 hours, and store managers work sometimes 60 hr weeks.
    -Some of your cashiers will be unmotivated, or just not very smart. They will rely on nice managers, such as myself, incredibly too much. They also can be very, very lazy.
    -You do not get paid enough, because you have to everyone's job for them.
    - Customers can be difficult at times.
    -Anything having to do with photo lab is just terrible. The machines break often, the customers are often computer illiterate, and photo around the holidays is rather not enjoyable.

Advice to Management

To my in-store managers: Try and stay calm. I know some days can be very stressful, but remember when you're stressed it trinkles down to your assistant, your shifts, and the entire front-store. Stressed cashiers aren't happy cashiers.
    To the district & regional managers: Perhaps you should work as a cashier once a month, so you can be reminded how difficult some customers can be. Maybe then you will stop being unrealistic with your expectations, and will be able to back your managers more.