CVS Health - Good company to work for in retail | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Good company to work for in retail"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits start at full time, which starts at 30 hrs a week. Learn the basics of retail.

Cons

stores aren't budgeted enough hours for proper customer service needs. Little room to move up, too many store managers are hired out of company.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "More customers = less help and working like dogs"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in North Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in North Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pharmacist makes the bucks, thats about it sadly...

Cons

Worst compared to competitors in pay, hours, management, treatment, everything.

Advice to Management

Treat your workers right or the company will come to a sad end

2. "I can't even believe this happened."

Former Employee - Pharmacy in Hanover, PA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy in Hanover, PA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers were very nice and so were the customers that came into the store, all very sweet and kind and always had something nice to say to anyone really. Many of the customers I had always went out of their way to talk to me and see how I was doing, and I really appreciated that. The one thing I can pull out of working here is the fact that they do get great business, and great people who come in.

Cons

My manager was horrible at getting back to me before I even got hired, I kept having to call her to see if she got the required paperwork done and it took a month to even get me in! She was so slow! She boasted about how CVS was such a great company to work for and how they work with you and provide such great benefits and all that jazz, but the WORST thing yet is, I got terminated because I couldn't make it to ONE of my Pharmacy classes because my car was overheating and literally about to blow up. Totally great company, right? I never got paid for my Pharmacy classes either after they terminated me, and they never paid me for my gas mileage (like they're supposed to) to one of my classes that's 40 miles from my home. This place is a joke.

Advice to Management

Hire someone who isn't a slug at getting things done, and don't make your company out to be so great when in reality it's garbage.