CVS Health - It's okay for a first retail job, but be warned of what might happen. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"It's okay for a first retail job, but be warned of what might happen."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're a teenager looking for a job that isn't in the food industry and CVS is right next to your house then consider this as a job. You'll learn how the store works rather quickly and the registers are really easy to use.

Cons

This is what I experienced working for CVS: If you are hired as a "cashier" or "Customer Service Rep" you will do everything short of management and pharmacy. You will do the work of many people. When I worked there I was told that every CVS store had only two people running the store at a time. It will be you (cashier) and a manager. Who ever is the manager for the night will probably be in the back or in the office, so you'll never see them. You will have to know your stuff about every department (IE food, beauty, "As Seen on TV", photo, etc). Customers can be rude and unintelligent, but that comes with every retail job. IF your line has more than three people in it then customers start to get mad and you'll have to call someone up to help cash. However, the manager working with you will most likely hate ringing, and they will help you for the least amount of time possible. My particular store had "extreme couponing" ladies who tried to be your friend but were very mean. I started working at CVS when I was 16 and I worked for them a lot. I had a lot of 20 hour weeks during the school year so I would find it hard to get homework done. Be prepared to work weekends too, and be prepared to say goodbye to your social life. They often had me work 5-10 on Saturdays and then 9-5 on Sundays. That tends to happen with whatever job you get. However, your store probably will just have enough employees to get by. If you're sick good luck finding someone to cover for you because you're on your own.

Advice to Management

Hire more people! I understand pay roll may be tight but I like to think that employees have lives outside of work. I didn't like coming to work sick because we didn't have enough people working at the store to cover for me.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "I have been a store manager for thee years"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bayside, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Bayside, NY

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There always looking for new and innovative ways of running there business.

Cons

changing programs an operations with out training employees correctly, because there is no play roll for training.

Advice to Management

Need more pay roll

2. "Could be worse"

Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Livonia, MI

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The managers at my particular location were pretty laid back, the district manager was also very nice. Requesting time off was very easy and it was easy to get hours

Cons

Depending on when truck showed up, it was manatory to work on that day. Which was a friday night for my store. Customers cheated the system all of the time and there was nothing we could do about it.

Advice to Management

Stop letting customers cheat and pay your employees more.