CVS Health - Wonderful Experience Overall | Glassdoor

"Wonderful Experience Overall"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Boynton Beach, FL
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

CVS is an extremely organized and thorough company. Obviously the pay depends on the job you do but they start above minimum wage and there is much opportunity to advance. If you are full time the benefits are very nice!

Cons

The clientele of CVS can be somewhat uppity so there is an expectation that you know how to cater to such people and they hold you to it. Not really a con, but a notice to those who are considering working there. CVS takes care of its employees but the employee must take care of the customer.

Advice to Management

I hope you remain thorough and organized!

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"It's okay for a first retail job, but be warned of what might happen."

Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're a teenager looking for a job that isn't in the food industry and CVS is right next to your house then consider this as a job. You'll learn how the store works rather quickly and the registers are really easy to use.

Cons

This is what I experienced working for CVS: If you are hired as a "cashier" or "Customer Service Rep" you will do everything short of management and pharmacy. You will do the work of many people. When I worked there I was told that every CVS store had only two people running the store at a time. It will be you (cashier) and a manager. Who ever is the manager for the night will probably be in the back or in the office, so you'll never see them. You will have to know your stuff about every department (IE food, beauty, "As Seen on TV", photo, etc). Customers can be rude and unintelligent, but that comes with every retail job. IF your line has more than three people in it then customers start to get mad and you'll have to call someone up to help cash. However, the manager working with you will most likely hate ringing, and they will help you for the least amount of time possible. My particular store had "extreme couponing" ladies who tried to be your friend but were very mean. I started working at CVS when I was 16 and I worked for them a lot. I had a lot of 20 hour weeks during the school year so I would find it hard to get homework done. Be prepared to work weekends too, and be prepared to say goodbye to your social life. They often had me work 5-10 on Saturdays and then 9-5 on Sundays. That tends to happen with whatever job you get. However, your store probably will just have enough employees to get by. If you're sick good luck finding someone to cover for you because you're on your own.

Advice to Management

Hire more people! I understand pay roll may be tight but I like to think that employees have lives outside of work. I didn't like coming to work sick because we didn't have enough people working at the store to cover for me.

2. "I have been a store manager for thee years"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bayside, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Bayside, NY

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There always looking for new and innovative ways of running there business.

Cons

changing programs an operations with out training employees correctly, because there is no play roll for training.

Advice to Management

Need more pay roll