CVS Health - Great place to be a lifer (if that's what you want) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Great place to be a lifer (if that's what you want)"

Former Employee - Advisor in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Advisor in Northbrook, IL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security (unless you screw up big time *and* annoy others), 401k match, work life balance/work from home days (varies by dept), stock purchase program. Some departments have a great set of intelligent people.. other departments have clock-watching 9-4:59ers.. just depends on whether you get lucky (or not).

Cons

6% salary bump for all promotions no matter what (which means your annual raise will always be 1-4% at best), benefits are constantly changing ("to align with industry") which includes cutting PTO accrual, blatant favoritism, general reluctance to get rid of incompetent workers (it takes at least 1 year to fire someone here)

Advice to Management

Throw out the consultants and lead by example (ie, Don't proclaim it was an excellent year and then slash non-mgmt bonuses. We all know what VP bonuses were. It's not a secret.) Get rid of the low performers and retain your talented people with opportunities to grow. Think about the message you are sending when you promote/reward incompetent people.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Pharmacy Technicican"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co workers. Flexible hours.

Cons

To much to do. Fill scripts in 15 minutes or less, answer the never ending phone calls, deal with insurance issues, push the flu shots...all while corporate cuts our hours!!!! Really???No raises.

Advice to Management

Give more incentive to your employees. Have enough employees per shift so we can give good customer service. All my coworkers including myself are looking for different jobs.

2. "Great benefits - need more help on sales floor"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the benefits are available to part time associates which is hard to find in retail - 24 hours per week will get you medical, dental and vision.

Cons

Not enough sales associates on the floor - very difficult to give excellent customer service with only two (and sometimes one) person on the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Need a greater flexibility with the schedule and associates should never be scheduled closing one night and opening the next day or more than 5 days straight, but it happens regularly.