CVS Health - CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"CVS prides itself on it's name Customer Value Store and they mean it, but they do not VALUE their employees."

Current Employee - Retail Shift
Current Employee - Retail Shift

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They always have openings in the stores. They give employees good discounts on merchandise. They have loyal customers who know how to work the sales and rewards each week.

Cons

Employees are low paid, even for retail. Even if you try for advancement, the pay does not increase with the responsibilities. At store level, you will scrub bathrooms, vaccuum, stock merchandise, cashier, constantly run in circles, for just above minimum wage.

Advice to Management

If you want to retain and grow employees, watch those that put in the above and beyond performance, then help them to grow into their potential. That employee will be as strong an asset as your customers. Pay them a decent living wage, to motivate them to want to stay within the company. You will always have turn over, but the "cream will rise to the top" and represent CVS the very best. Remember, it sometimes cost $$ on the front end, but will reward and return your investment for a long time to come.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Both good and bad"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Always busy because managers give you something to do. Good discounts. Love the extra bucks and coupons.

Cons

I've been a cashier for about a year and a half. If I hadn't of left my old store to have my baby I wouldn't been promoted to a shift. sometimes I wish I would of stayed at my old store because my new store the manager is very uptight about everything. Not saying it's really a bad thing but they have told me if I didn't get enough e-mails responses then they were going to put me on probation... WHAT?! Also the hours are crap. Since I've worked at this new store I have only ever had one weekend off and its only because I requested off for my baby's Baptist. I don't know if it's true but I heard cashier's aren't even suppose to have a whole weekend off.

Advice to Management

Hire more cashier's so I can actually see and spend time with my baby and my family on the weekends. I'm not asking every weekend but it seems like the same people get weekends off. Goodbye social life!!!

"Too much stress"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits package, flexible schedule

Cons

Ridiculous workload, low pay, too much Corporate red tape, you are forced to work through any and all dangerous weather conditions (snow, ice), too many positions have been phased out with their job responsibilities simply handed to management with no monetary reward but double the stress. Managers are threatened with write-ups regularly to force them to get the worload done which means managers must work at least 60 hrs a week just to try to keep up. And that trickles down to the cashiers, as well. Stores are given just enough hrs weekly to employ one supervisor for each shift and one cashier for SOME of that shift.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at spreadsheets and charts, start spending time in stores to see how your idiocy is affecting your 'culture'. If your employees weren't so busy trying to get their insane workload done, customer service would shoot back up. Customers get very tired of trying to track down the employees for help. You never have to do that at Walgreens.