CVS Health - Both good and bad | Glassdoor

"Both good and bad"

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Always busy because managers give you something to do. Good discounts. Love the extra bucks and coupons.

Cons

I've been a cashier for about a year and a half. If I hadn't of left my old store to have my baby I wouldn't been promoted to a shift. sometimes I wish I would of stayed at my old store because my new store the manager is very uptight about everything. Not saying it's really a bad thing but they have told me if I didn't get enough e-mails responses then they were going to put me on probation... WHAT?! Also the hours are crap. Since I've worked at this new store I have only ever had one weekend off and its only because I requested off for my baby's Baptist. I don't know if it's true but I heard cashier's aren't even suppose to have a whole weekend off.

Advice to Management

Hire more cashier's so I can actually see and spend time with my baby and my family on the weekends. I'm not asking every weekend but it seems like the same people get weekends off. Goodbye social life!!!

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Too much stress"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits package, flexible schedule

Cons

Ridiculous workload, low pay, too much Corporate red tape, you are forced to work through any and all dangerous weather conditions (snow, ice), too many positions have been phased out with their job responsibilities simply handed to management with no monetary reward but double the stress. Managers are threatened with write-ups regularly to force them to get the worload done which means managers must work at least 60 hrs a week just to try to keep up. And that trickles down to the cashiers, as well. Stores are given just enough hrs weekly to employ one supervisor for each shift and one cashier for SOME of that shift.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at spreadsheets and charts, start spending time in stores to see how your idiocy is affecting your 'culture'. If your employees weren't so busy trying to get their insane workload done, customer service would shoot back up. Customers get very tired of trying to track down the employees for help. You never have to do that at Walgreens.

2. "Pharmacy Technicican"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co workers. Flexible hours.

Cons

To much to do. Fill scripts in 15 minutes or less, answer the never ending phone calls, deal with insurance issues, push the flu shots...all while corporate cuts our hours!!!! Really???No raises.

Advice to Management

Give more incentive to your employees. Have enough employees per shift so we can give good customer service. All my coworkers including myself are looking for different jobs.