CVS Health - Fairly typical large employer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Fairly typical large employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Overall, not a bad company to work for.
Corporate level; good, broad-based benefits, excellent employee website (although RX coverage has some surprising gaps). Aggressively encourages preventive care with rewards, uses different methods to get the word out.
My personal experience wIth managers has been OK to very good, especially in helping to find hours.

Cons

Still, Local level is still where the issues live: get no or partial/inconsistent messages about changes and policy usage; part-timers get left out altogether. For ex,: I don't remember seeing anything "organized" about what to do in a crisis (this after Hurricane Sandy and. just around the corner from Sandy Hook).
Get very little feedback on your performance (sometimes even when customer provided good feedback by name).
*Must make sure paycheck reflects all hours worked, and in accordance with policy and labor law. Only mgr and spvr can see data for specific dates, ee does not receive hard copy confirmation of time punches. From time to time serious issues have arisen.
It's unintentional, but due to customer service pressures supervisors can forget to give legally mandated breaks.
EE discount is nice but Walmart is still usually cheaper.

Advice to Management

Given Obamacare, HIPAA concerns, etc, I understand Corporate reluctance to drill down and hold district mgt accountable, but the wellness programs/bonuses are not being leveraged. The same is true of the thank-you program.
Since this is retail and most store ees are earning poverty level wages, these are missed opportunities on several levels.

Especially locally: they might not have home internet access but I haven't met anyone without a cell, so leverage this to get messages out.

When there's a sales competition, the poster says the winning store's employees get a coupon for a one-time 50% discount.. OK. It also says the store manager gets $1000... Suddenly, despite my best intentions, my motivation to play this game has taken a big dip. You might want to rethink how you communicate these prizes.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "No abillity to Plan and manage the business."

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Bessemer, AL
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Bessemer, AL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benifits and ease of access HR website

Cons

No planning or forethought/ More of a ready fire aim enviroment.

"Bad experience with CVS"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The colleagues at my store are nice. I can not really think of another pro working with CVS.

Cons

You are basically a corporate slave and the managers and district managers will take advantage of this. Although you can, you are discouraged and not expected to take 15 minute breaks every 4th hour or else your pharmacy team will fall behind in work, and regional managers will visit your store to supervise and criticize your work, adding to the immense stress that is already prevalent each day at the pharmacy. They don't seem to understand the workload placed upon pharmacist and technicians and expect you to do much more than you can handle for a fairly low income wage (at least for technicians).

Advice to Management

I have worked at 6 CVS's and at each CVS I ask pharmacists and technicians if they are happy with their job or if they would recommend a job at CVS. Unanimously across the board the answer is "No". The pharmacy staff working at CVS are not happy. Although CVS tries so hard improving their RXConnect and their system to please customers, perhaps they should also invest time to see how they can help their pharmacy staff have a more enjoyable time working with CVS.