CVS Health - Love my job, but very underpaid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Love my job, but very underpaid"

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people make this a special place to work. My director believes in me and gives me a lot of freedom to make decisions and be a part of the 'big picture'

Cons

Salaries here are in the lowest 10% for this job title, according to numerous websites I've researched.

Advice to Management

Please recognize the talent you have within the company and reward that talent.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "just a review"

Current Employee - Lead Tech in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Lead Tech in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love the customers and close to home

Cons

No raises or evaluations in five years

Advice to Management

every need to be treated the same regardless of thier race or background.

"Overworked, Underpaid; Over-stressed, Underappreciated."

Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Thompsonville, CT
    Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Thompsonville, CT

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee discount, health insurance to both part-timers and full-timers,(though for part-timers it is a "limited benefits medical plan") many CVS's in close proximity eliminates long commute time, a wide array of learning experiences, many "regular" customers make it a feel-good atmosphere.

Cons

Favoritism, I.E., certain employees always get weekends or set schedules, whereas others are expected to work a lot of closing-to-open shifts; management not cross-trained in photo;in my district the first ringer is responsible for ringing customers, answering phones, processing damages, and handling photo orders while being positioned on the register furthest from photo lab; too many quotas for e-mail collection and upsell products for cashiers; ruthless store manager who will cut employees down in front of customers; a lot of favortism between select underlings and select supervisors which make it uncomfortable for those not-so-favored but still work their rear-ends off; instability with scheduling (never know what your days off will be week to week); IMPOSSIBLE to attend college part-time if you work full-time and your schedule depends on your ability to have "open" availability for your manager to give you enough hours to keep you full-time but based on his needs; eliminated management numbers to head cashiers; put you in the same job every day, (I.E., if you're ringing...that's ALL YOU EVER DO...PERIOD.) unreasonable work expectations, I.E, not enough people on to get all the tasks done; crappy pay and crappy raises!

Advice to Management

Ignore your "numbers" for a moment and look at the big picture--are your employees really being treated fairly based on their actual performance or how much they kiss up to their supervisors?