CVS Health - Standard retail experience | Glassdoor

"Standard retail experience"

Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier
Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Because they are corporate, standards are enforced. I have never been pressured to work off the clock, and raises are given at intervals, so you don't have to fight for them.

Cons

There is little communication between the entire staff. After initial (unhelpful) training, employees learn through trial in error. Also, the stores insist on being open during most dangerous weather and all holidays.

Advice to Management

Be clear in explaining why you want an employee to do something. When you give the why, it makes the what more clear.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Average"

Pros

Discounts, not a lot of work

Cons

Not enough pay or hours

2. "My experience with CVS Caremark in Prosper was unpleasant and uncalled for."

Former Employee - Cashier in Prosper, TX
    Former Employee - Cashier in Prosper, TX

I worked at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CVS offers wonderful benefits and good starting pay. The employees at this company are hard working and communicate well with eachother.

Cons

The managers at CVS are rude and inconsiderate. I was working two jobs and the managers told me they would work with me with the schedule and that they would be able to work with me. And after scheduling a day that I had already said I could not work, they cut my hours tremendously and then "let me go" when I said I needed my hours back.

Advice to Management

Management I would say to listen to your employees and work with more, they will work hard if you show that you appreciate their work ethic