CVS Health - Working at CVs | Glassdoor

"Working at CVs"

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Easy process, flexible schedule, great employee discounts

Cons

I have no complaints with job

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Retail insanity"

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers are great and discounts aren't bad.

Cons

Too much focus on task; freight, price changes, seasonal sets, plan o gram changes and absolutely horrible leadership. One of the worst retail environment, period

Advice to Management

back away from the measuring of customer data, unless you have a useful solution to the problems discovered.

"Store Management Trainee (S.M.T.)"

Former Contractor - Store Management Trainee
    Former Contractor - Store Management Trainee

I worked at CVS Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a decent training program in place, with some good trainers, although my main field trainer was beyond awful, however it doesn't trickle down to the store where you spend most of your time. Noone trains you, or knows how to train, you fill in for the hours they pulled from payroll to make their P&L so you spend much of your training time ringing cash registers for hours and sticking price changes on shelves, then its up to you to do the training (modules you have to pass assessments on) at home. Problem is this was the reason for a lawsuit so you're NOT ALLOWED to do this at home and it's impossible to do in the store as there is only ONE COMPUTER!!!! And this is the good part of my review! Backstabbing people who've never been in corporate America - worked their way up from cashiers 20 years ago. They know they need improved customer service but if the Managers can't treat their employees well how can the employees know how to treat ANYONE WELL????

Cons

RUN, DON'T WALK!!! Do NOT waste your time...totally unprofessional, demeaning, abusive atmosphere, very authoritative, no human concern. Tons of insubordination, ethics violations and if you speak up they find a way to "separate" from you. Worse than what I picture the military to be! They work from the assumption that all employees are dishonest, steal, and are unethical. Gee I wonder where they got that from???? No sense of human worth, all criticism no validation. They are like an extremely dysfunctional family - varies therefore from store to store due to manager. They're the reason UNIONS came to be...they actually cut employees hours when they see how their P&L is going for the week - ethical is not a term in their vocabulary!!! I've been in 3 successful careers over 25 years and nothing has compared to how horrible and inhuman this is, like being in an abusive marriage!!! DONT START and if you do, get OUT before you're too battered to recover your self esteem!!

Advice to Management

Hire an Institutional Psychologist!!!! Your corporate culture is horrendous and needs major restructuring from the top down!!! Not just words, but TRUE CHANGE!!! Horrible, abusive company and its growing like a cancer and is going to implode!