CVS Health - Professionally very satisfying | Glassdoor

"Professionally very satisfying"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Santa Fe, NM
Current Employee - Pharmacist in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A really good IT system for the filling of RX's promoting good customer service. A very good philosophy about Pharmacy being the center of the business . The importance of a communities contribution to a business and a business's contribution to a community

Cons

not enough help- better emphasis on inventory control which translates into more gross margin dollars that can be better spent on, well more help! No internet connections available!!

Advice to Management

Lower the budget for RX'S( unrealistic goals bread low morale)

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "its the worst job ever"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Aiea, HI
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Aiea, HI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

no pros for this job. nothing good to say

Cons

pay not worth it, mangers too much favoritism.

Advice to Management

hire equal oppurtunity mangers

"Some good and some bad."

Former Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Redford, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Redford, MI

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-If you are a part of a good team then you can have a good time while you work.
    -The flex hours can keep the job from feeling like a 9-5 snooze fest
    - Earn team experience to aid you in any future employment
    - Work it's self is not complicated i.e running a register, doing stock, facing shelves and helping in the photo department.

Cons

-The pay can seem way to low for all the work you do and the really bad customers you have to deal with from time to time i.e the customers who scream at you like your the CEO.
    - Management style is really inconsistent from manager to manager. One manager may be lax on something just to get a job done faster and keep the store efficient while another manager may be a task master and expect everything to be done by the book
    -Insufficient training! Some managers may be on the ball about getting workers the training experience they need but I my self never got much training so I had to learn on the go.

-your hours can vary widely, one week your get 15 hours or more and the next your lucky to get 8

-Favoritism exists at CVS just like any other company, seems like I had a harder time at the company just because I wasn't the managers friend or I wasn't sucking up in some way.

- Lack of advancement, I was never concerned with becoming a part of management but I did see other people have a hard time finding the advancement they wanted. Either a promotion track for someone was started that ended up going no where or someone had to do the training for the promotion on their own time since the store didn't have the hours to pay the person to learn at work.

-Management at the store level can be hypocritical. On my my ex-managers would want everyone to get right to work on an inventory day but I would catch this person talking to a customer they know for 30 minutes or more in a store isle.

Advice to Management

be friendlier, don't be a hypocrite, try to pay your team more money if you can, train your team, be as flexible as the work schedule, don't allow or participate in favoritism and hire only enough people to get the job done without the wild swings in hours.