CVS Health - Great job for starting out in retail | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Great job for starting out in retail"

Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Cashier in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked as a cashier during high school. It wasn't too big, so you really got to know who you work with and it was very family-like. The actual work was never very difficult. Scheduling was very flexible. Relatively high starting salary of 7.95

Cons

The work was completely monotonous. It was sometimes difficult balancing different responsibilities, as your job was split between the register and keeping up the store. Oftentimes it was just you in the store and it gets lonely. Convenience stores have a tendency to attract unpleasant customers. Some of the more recent "GOTHeart" training is impractical to do while you're on the job.

Not much upward mobility with tile/salary. Salary review comes after a year, and as a student I can't work for that long of a period. You're stuck with starting If you work for an extended period, you can move to a "shift supervisor", which pays 9.75 an hour base. After that, you're stuck.

Advice to Management

More specialization among employees would be helpful so they're not stuck juggling 50 things at once would be helpful.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits package was pretty standard. After 4 years you get 3 weeks of vacation. Most new Store Managers start of as trainees at a manager salary. If you have good resume that demands higher salary, an HR rep will be involved in your second interview. Over tenure, I feel they do a lot of pointing out issues to fix rather than positive feedback to boost morale. I worked with 3 other major companies in my 18 years as retail management and feel this was the worst use of my skills at store level. I moved up to multi-store level position and worked hard at changing that behavior.

Cons

Must use their pharmacy. NO privacy. I feel it is a conflict of interest to promote privacy laws, but have your staff forced to use the company's services. If you have a tough store (high volume) you get minimal increase in resources. Hire a great staff or never leave your store!

Advice to Management

Look elsewhere for your career. Micro managed from upper management at it's best!

2. "I am an employee and I may die but have no access to medical benfits"

Former Employee - Secret in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Secret in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

none- before CVS they were good , now they watch me die

Cons

no access to medical benefits, list is too long to write

Advice to Management

FIRE existing management and start over, or Sell it off