CVS Health - Pretty good company to work for | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Pretty good company to work for"

Current Employee - Shift A Supervisor in Plainfield, IN
Current Employee - Shift A Supervisor in Plainfield, IN

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule and good people to work with

Cons

pay is not very good

Advice to Management

Pay more

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Understaffed and very susceptible to medical mistakes that could cost patients lives (pharmacy)"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern/Technician in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern/Technician in Clearwater, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any at the moment. Its a big company, well known, and that's about it. I learned a lot so I give it two stars but when I first started working they didn't even have me in the system plus I wasn't trained until a month later.

Cons

Too busy, understaffed. Pharmacist doesn't have time to do any patient counseling or rarely does. If you are a patient it would be better to go to an independent pharmacy or Target, which lets their employees have time to take a break and breathe (which is important for concentration and avoiding med errors).

Advice to Management

Should pay more for the work that is required.

2. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to select merchandise for customers for endcaps, work closely with store associates as the Store Manager is also a cashier, stock person, janitor, merchandiser, parking lot sweeper, complete price changes.

Cons

No staff, many metrics to meet, attempt to provide outstanding customer service with minimal staff, unload trucks stocked well above your head, very task driven, not much time to analyze reports to effectively run the business unless you spend extra hours, no training budget for new hires, pharmacists are abused so they quit and floats are often just thrown in without any real training on the registers or with the systems, responsible for inventory levels but are often shipped product not needed when the warehouse needs to clean up. Will be fired for outdated just one piece of outdated merchandise on the sales floor or failure of ADA audit conducted by a third party untrained auditor, favoritism of pharmacy staff vs front store staff. Very little praise and a lot of negative if metrics are not being met, even if it is just one or two of the several that are required to be met.

District Managers will have their favorites no matter how good or bad a manager is. It is who you know vs how well you can run a store.

Advice to Management

Give programs a chance to work before you change them. Less money spent on signing and add a few more payroll per store. Try treating front store staff as an equal to the pharmacy staff.