CVS Health - Challening and rewarding experience working at CVS Caremark | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Challening and rewarding experience working at CVS Caremark"

Pros

It was great to be a part of a truly intelligent and caring staff who were concerned about giving proper help to patients in the pharmacy and customers in the entire store.

Cons

It was often stressful and less enjoyable to work at the larger, busier, 24-hour stores. It was challenging to keep up with patient needs and ensure the same high quality of customer service.

Advice to Management

In the stores that are open 24-hours, it would be really helpful to have more staff on for the overnight shifts. That would help to ensure safety in the store and keep on schedule for all tasks.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"A great place for young childless orphans with low self esteem."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The customers are the best part of this business! You'll meet some of the most inspirational people ever when they come to get their medicine. Some are dying before your eyes, but are so exceptionally full of life!

Cons

The corporate culture since Jack Ryan retired has truly taken a turn towards ugly. Staff hours have been cut in all stores, even the higher performing ones, to the point that my family is rapidly becoming a distant memory. I'm held accountable for both margin and inventory days of supply despite the fact that my input is not requested when seasonal orders are placed. My store was classified as a "College Store", meaning that I receive the same level of merchandise as a store next to a university when in fact we have a small (300 student) glorified private community college in our town of 20,000! The training and technology is behind, lagging, inconsistent, absent, abysmal. It's expected that my staff work like a highly trained and well compensated machine, while at the same time I'm expected to treat them like a team of mules I found on short term lease! No matter how well they do, any praise I heap on them is expected by upper management to be followed by the phrase "what you could do to be even more effective is..."

2. "Challenging and rewarding experience working at CVS Caremark"

Pros

Great staff who are passionate and knowledgeable about ensuring proper patient care and excellent customer service. I could see this both in the pharmacy and in the store as a whole.

Cons

Extremely fast-paced and often stressful environment when working in the larger, busier, and 24-hour stores.

Advice to Management

Hiring more staff for the overnight shifts in the pharmacy would be helpful.