CVS Health - Good first job | Glassdoor

"Good first job"

Pros

Easy job, Hired fast, great coworkers

Cons

Pay was aa bit low

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. "Interesting work, sometimes rewarding, other times tiring."

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

CVS offers one of the best insurance packages around, and with education assistance, I was able to continue my education to move on to the next phase in my life.

Cons

The company offers extensive training, every week there is a new module that needs to be completed. Sometimes initiatives are rolled out before all of the wrinkles have been ironed out.

2. "One of the worst jobs I ever had."

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Houston, TX

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish that there was something that I could say, but at this current time I can't come up with anything.

Cons

First off these stores only run with two people (besides the pharmacy) per shift. They include one team of management and one cashier. This causes a serious problem for several reasons; one would be all the paperwork that management has to do per shift really gets in the way of taking care of the customer, second would be the cashier a lot of the time is doing way more than would required of a cashier elsewhere (yes, they do make minium wage) that's why you have to look around the store for one most of the time. Third most of the store managers end up working 7 days a week for weeks and in some cases months at a time due to the lack of interest in the corp. office to give the stores enough hours for a third person to work each shift. I actual in my 7 months with CVS saw 2 store managers get hospitalized due to a lack of rest because they were working for weeks at a time. Sad really. The list continues, but I will stop here. I really wish I would have researched this company more throughly prior to appling there. There a tons of reasons why one should never work for CVS.

Advice to Management

Give more hours to store managers for an additional person to help out. Also, make sure that your staff members get a 40 hour week. Then make sure you up the pay for your staff members so they can not only get paid for their worth but can actually afford to live a normal life and not one in poverty or live with others because they can't afford a place of their own. Stop loading down store management with paperwork and reports that you could review from other reports.