CVS Health - Demanding but can be rewarding. A solid company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

"Demanding but can be rewarding. A solid company to work for."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Marlton, NJ
Current Employee - Store Manager in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary, benefits, bonus, stock discount, 401(k), and merchandise discount (20%, and 30% on store brand). Ability to train associates the way you want, control over merchandising, increasingly transparent communication between stores and corporate (President Mark Cosby is receptive to ideas), and ability to move up if you truly want it.

Cons

As in any retail job, you are going to work some nights, weekends, and holidays. There are long hours (45 minimum, but 60 or so, sometimes more, if you want to be successful). My biggest grievance is that they've cut payroll hours when sales have increased. Lots of red tape and paperwork that sometimes make it hard to get out on the floor and do your job. Store Manager is a jack-of-all-trades especially when a high-volume 24-hour store is frequently staffed with just 2 people per shift. The District Manager is also overloaded with tasks and can have difficulty communicating at times.

I don't dislike working for CVS. I dislike the workload/payroll balance that makes the job difficult for almost every SM I have ever known.

Advice to Management

Upper management is doing an excellent job of keeping CVS profitable but we need to spend a little more money on payroll hours to combat a heavy workload. We could cut costs elsewhere (hire a Financial Efficiency Officer!) that would put more hours into stores while catering to investors.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

"Lasted four weeks"

Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ

I worked at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to home, part time work available

Cons

The store I worked in had one manager and one cashier for each shift. The manager is in other parts of the store doing their job or outside smoking, so I was the only person in the front. Did not feel safe at night. You are expected to greet every person who walks in the door, as well as stock, clean, print photos, face shelves, answer phone. Very difficult when you are stocking a shelf at the back of the store, to run up and greet a customer coming in. Training was not good. The "onboarding" day was a woman talking about the values of CVS, but she also talked a lot about her children, and how she was the girl in high school who got into fights in the restroom. Managers at the store were very impatient and sometimes rude if I asked for help with something I didn't know.

Advice to Management

Hire more employees for each store!

2. "It was a positive experience"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Peoria, AZ
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Peoria, AZ

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours for work/life balance

Cons

Not much room for advancement